We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kuantan or penang

Which Kuantan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
reviews: 20
kuantan or penang

having had 2 holidlays in langkawi our next holiday (July 08) will be kuantan or penang if we go lto kuantan the hotel will be the swiss garden is there any resturants and bars near the hotel to eat and drink in the nights, how far is the nearest town from lthis hotel our age group is late 40's will this resort suit us (we just like to veg on the beach) any one help!!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
1. Re: kuantan or penang

Hi, it will definitely not suit you--I find resort with nicer beach that allows one to veg on the beach, are in Cherating, which is another 20kms away from locality of Swiss Garden.

There are few restaurants near Swiss Garden, but it did not appeal to me at all, and am not sure it will to you. Hygience was my main concern. Though there is one-Pak Su, however lately, I find it overated and getting over priced already.

From Swiss Garden, the nearest town will be Kuantan town, which is around 18-22kms distant by road.

Having said so, I still like Cherating, a nice place to chill out and destressed, which I do go often,and also having meals at Cherating village. There are two noteworthy Chinese seafood restaurant(non airconditioned) just after exiting from Legend Cherating access road.

Kuantan as a town is pretty uninteresting if compared to Penang.

Cardiff, United...
2. Re: kuantan or penang

thanks mkiaratravel do you know of any nice hotels in cherating

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 174
3. Re: kuantan or penang

Penang or Kuantan?

for me Penang every time. Loads to see, loads to do, great eateries, night life, and well there is a beach at Batu Ferringhi but water not that clear. Georgetown offers a lot.

Cardiff, United...
4. Re: kuantan or penang

hi travellingmitch when did you go to penang and what hotel did you stay in

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
5. Re: kuantan or penang

Hi

stay there most Christmas/New Years

usually the E&O in Georgetown for a few days. E&O is just fab, plus you have Georgetown walking distance or Gurney Drive a short taxis ride or good walk for the energetic. It is like Singapore 30 or so years ago.

Also stay for a few days in Batu Ferringhi (haven't stayed in the Rasa Sayang since it opened again, and the Muturia round the bay is still closed), but the others are all pretty much a muchness - reasonable standard 'holiday' hotels, plus there is the night market, hawkers centres, restuarants which are good. BF is more beachy, although the sea is not clear (I have swum in it and not been poisoned, bitten, become ill, stung etc)

We found Kuantan very quiet after Penang and KL, not as much to do at night and we are not party animals. There is loads to see and do in Georgetown

We are staying in the Rasa Sayang this Christmas, along with the E&O of course! So can always feedback on what RS is like since it reopened (mixed reviews but majority are good).

We are staying in Langkawi afterwards, which will be our first time there!

Have a great time.

BM

Cardiff, United...
6. Re: kuantan or penang

Hi Travellingmitch thanks for the info I think it will be penang and most likely the golden sands (I think the e &o will be a bit posh for us) I would go back to Langkawi but my other half wants to try Penang we will go over to Langkawi by ferry (so I get my way to go to Langkawi even if it is for only one day !! just love it there) thanks george

Cardiff, United...
7. Re: kuantan or penang

Hi Travellingmitch again Langkawi is most fav holiday ever I'd go back every year if I had my way

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
8. Re: kuantan or penang

Thanks George1

Really looking forward to going at Christmas, considering the wet grey summer we are having here!! 1 month and 6 hotels in Malaysia - KL, PEN, LGK KL, what heaven!!

9. Re: kuantan or penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 pm, September 04, 2009