We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alisan Golden Coach or Unitity Express, please?

Which Cameron Highlands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mainz
reviews: 57
Alisan Golden Coach or Unitity Express, please?

Sorry, I have one more question please: Just saw in the web that Alisan and Unitity offer the same routes to almost the same price - KL to Tanah Rata - to Penang.

Can anyone say which of the two is better?

Thanks very much again for your help,

cespina

22 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
11. Re: Alisan Golden Coach or Unitity Express, please?

AVOID ALISAN AT ALL COST!!!

I was on my way from KL to SG and the driver left me on the SG border.

I was not even late, I was just the last person in the passport control queue.

I left my leather jacket on the bus, including my headphones and silver bracelet in the pockets.

Next day I went to ticket office in SG which is working with Alisan, they called the driver.

But he said my jacket is now in Malaysia and he does not care if I get it back or not.

So we called his big boss, and he told us that he is not interested in helping me get my things back.

What kind of service is that??? Avoid this company, they are thieves and does not care about you.

12. Re: Alisan Golden Coach or Unitity Express, please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:11 am, April 03, 2014

Tenerife, Spain
reviews: 5
13. Re: Alisan Golden Coach or Unitity Express, please?

We travelled by Alisan Golden Coach on the 02/02/14 and I have to say that was one of the worst bus experiences ever. I am really sorry that I hadn’t checked reviews before, since I can see now that most of the people were really disappointed with them.

However, it is not just about a couple of disappointed clients, it very much looks like that the way they work (as described by others and as experienced by us) is their normal practice of deceiving their passengers.

Our experience was pretty much the same as the one from the others:

- The bus was far away from being comfortable. We were all directed to the upper part of the bus and we were not able to store our luggage or use the toilet on the bus, since the lower part of the bus was “reserved” for the driver. When asked why we can’t sit on our seats as written on our tickets, he answered mockingly that the lower part is his living room (which, if you look carefully behind the curtains, actually looks like one!).

- We haven’t stopped once in first 4 hours, since the driver was “in the hurry” and we couldn’t communicate with him, since the passage from the lower floor to the first floor was enabled (locked).

- We arrived to the local public bus station just before the border with Singapore and we were told that we had to change the bus due to the air conditioning problem. At the same time around 40 people were already waiting to enter the same bus and the driver was already gathering the money from them, when we were leaving the bus (obviously they charge another amount for the bus that was already paid…). We have to change the bus to the public bus, where there was no place for luggage and no seats available to have a sit, so we travelled standing.

- When we arrived to the border we were left on our one. We had to walk through the border and find another bus station where we waited in a queue for another bus to take us to the bus station in Singapore, where we were meant to arrive in the first place.

The whole transport from KL to Singapore took us 8,5 hours, instead of 5 hours as promised. The driver and his assistant were very rude and disrespectful. We were treated like livestock and not like passengers who have paid 55 SGD per person for a “luxury bus” ticket…

reviews: 7
14. Re: Alisan Golden Coach or Unitity Express, please?

AVOID ALISAN GOLDEN COACH

Like others, I wish I'd have looked at the past reviews. We booked 2 tickets from Kuala Lumpur to Penang - Georgetown, specifically the Penang Komtar drop off point.

After an hour waiting at the KL bus station we finally caught a glimpse of the coach we were meant to be on.

1 hour late setting off wasn't the end of the world but still not ideal.

We then waited on the coach and the drivers assistant checked all tickets. And by checked I mean rip in half and throw half on the floor.

Overhearing other passengers mentioning multiple locations, I thought I best check this was going to where we booked. It wasn't. Instead it would drop off half an hour away (by taxi) from where our tickets said.

Don't trust this company. I won't be using them again.

15. Re: Alisan Golden Coach or Unitity Express, please?

AVOID ALISAN GOLDEN COACH!!

I bought 2 return tickets from Penang-KL on 24 May 2014 and back from KL on 26 May 2014.

Journey from Penang to KL uses actual ALISAN bus coach. Had a bumpy ride, like on a massage chair during the whole journey.

On 26 May, back from KL-Penang trip 10.45am from Pudu Sentral bus terminal, they diverted us to another bus: Lionstar Premium. Registration license AHD 6855.

First they gave our seats to other passengers. That's fine with us cos got other empty seats. The ticket counter staff told us to wait at Platform 15 but we found out our bus was at Platform 13.

Second, the bus wifi can't be accessed.Asked the driver, he replied he dunno and walked away.

Third,the bus driver and his assistant smoked in the bus more than 3 times during the journey causing us passengers to suffocate and cough.

The bus driver drived aggressively and scolded vulgarities to other road users. He drove more than 100km/h during rainy condition, overtook vehicles and honked at other vehicles like his grandfather owned the road.

At R&R he stopped the bus for passenger to answer nature calls supposedly for 20mins but dragged till almost 45mins.

The driver stopped at Petron Petrol station right opposite Sg. Nibong bus terminal asking us passenger to go to toilet. My friend and I got off the bus and walked to the bus terminal. By the time we reach Sg. Nibong bus terminal, the bus was nowhere to be seen, maybe he route the bus to Queensbay or other place to do his own business. Bus driver is rude! Bus condition sucks! Dirty. Seats bolts and nuts got cracking sounds like it's gonna get off anytime soon. Try to avoid Alisan!

16. Re: Alisan Golden Coach or Unitity Express, please?

We travel from hatyai to kl and choose alisan company because it promise wifi services. Not only that we arent able to use wifi along our trip, the bus conductor said that the router is broken. Even worse, we were left stranded at the thailand customs during imigration procedure. Luckily we able to chase the bus with the help from local motorist. But not only the driver amd the conductor failed to apologized, they also scolded us and dare us to make a report. Never go with alisan! They better go bankcrupt.

17. Re: Alisan Golden Coach or Unitity Express, please?

We travel from hatyai to kl and choose alisan company because it promise wifi services. Not only that we arent able to use wifi along our trip, the bus conductor said that the router is broken. Even worse, we were left stranded at the thailand customs during imigration procedure. Luckily we able to chase the bus with the help from local motorist. But not only the driver amd the conductor failed to apologized, they also scolded us and dare us to make a report. Never go with alisan! They better go bankcrupt.

Malaysia
reviews: 11
18. Re: Alisan Golden Coach or Unitity Express, please?

Never ever use Alisan Coaches.....we had the worst experience ever. We booked our tickets online, paid extra for reserved seats, paid extra for "executive class" well when we arrived at the "filthy" bus station in KL, we were told our bus was at 23:59 going to Penang, from P15. We waited upstairs until 23:45, then went down to the even more disgusting area to wait for the bus. No show, until 12:15, another bus company turned up saying he was the replacement bus for Penang......a really crappy old bus with even crappier seating. I tried to talk to the bus rep from Alisan who said the following....quote....recorded on iPad. "I dont f@@@ing care if you get the bus or not la" get on or f@@k off basically. We got on through need not want, when we arrived in Penang, I contacted the company who said they did not believe me, I played the recording back to them and they hung up. Never use.

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 7
19. Re: Alisan Golden Coach or Unitity Express, please?

Damn... I won't be using these guys! Any recommendations?

My Tho, Vietnam
reviews: 19
20. Re: Alisan Golden Coach or Unitity Express, please?

So far, I think the best bus service is Aeroline but they don't have bus to Cameron Highlands. They only have bus to Penang, KL and Singapore.

Reply to: Alisan Golden Coach or Unitity Express, please?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted