We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kota Bharu

Which Kota Bharu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cebu City...
reviews: 2
Kota Bharu

The family and I are going to drift up the East Coast in late April starting in Kuantan and eventually taking the overnight Jungle Train from Kota Bharu back to KL.

Finding things to do for a day or so in Kota Bharu is easy but I'm having trouble finding information on a couple of activities that look interesting and could extend our stay in Kota Bharu.

I have seen mention of a 2 hour river cruise from Kota Bharu along the Sungai Galas River to Dabong and also mention of the Gua Ikan Caves in Dabong.

Would any TA members have any info on the above or possibly be able to point me to a web site with pertinent information? I guess the Tourist Information Office in Kota Bharu would have info but it would be nice to have an idea before we arrive.

Any help is greatly appreciated! John

Dallas, Texas
1. Re: Kota Bharu

we are thinking of going to Perhentian island next month(July) then to Kuantan for a few days before going to Singapore. I could not find any bus service info from Kota Bharu to Kuantan on the web. I could not find any flight from Kota Bharu to Kuantan either.

Would any TA member have any info and be so kind to post the info?

Thanks! Tom

2. Re: Kota Bharu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, June 21, 2013
Cebu City...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Kota Bharu

Hi dfwsin

Transnasional would probably be your best bet with departures from Kota Bharu Bus Station to Kuantan Makmur Terminal daily -- 8am, 9am 10:30 am, 12 noon, 3pm, 9:30pm, 11pm.

We went the opposite direction last month with a stop-over in Kuala Terengganu. I would estimate your journey to Kuantan will take about 7 to 8 hours!

Cheers, John

Dallas, Texas
4. Re: Kota Bharu

Hello CanadianJohn,

Thanks for the info. I will look up Transnasional.

Thanks,

Tom

Paro, Bhutan
reviews: 50
5. Re: Kota Bharu

Two days at kota bharu is more than enough.Trip to Sungai galas is not recommended as it is polluted now and for Gua Ikan is not maintained by local so not much interesting like past 20 years ago.

6. Re: Kota Bharu

Hi dfwsin

An alternative u may like to consider a chartered cab. Kota Bharu adopts a pool cab system ie 4 passengers to a cab. One walks up to the cab station, asks for cab to Kuantan, and wait till there are 4 passengers.

Advantage is, journey is shorter than bus and you can ask d cab to get u straight to your point in Kuantan.

If u want privacy and skip the wait, pay the price for 4 passengers. The fares are standard and is posted at d station.

Enjoy yr trip.

Nik

7. Re: Kota Bharu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 01, 2014