We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days in Kota Bharu

Which Kota Bharu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
reviews: 10
Two days in Kota Bharu

We are a family of 3 travelling with our 23 yr old, I have 2 days to spare in our trip I am trying to work out if staying in Kota Bharu will be interesting enough, what to see, I have seen that a guide would be good for a day trip. We like this idea but what to see in July 2013. Or should we visit south of Kuala Besut?

ALSO

We need to buy beer to take over to Perhentian Islands where do I buy this, in this town or at ferry town of Kuala Besut?

Do we just ask any taxi waiting outside the airport to take us to Kuala Besut when we arrive at 2pm from Singapore? How much should it be?

Johor Bahru...
reviews: 40
1. Re: Two days in Kota Bharu

Hi,

The usual quote for Pengkalan Chepa airport taxi to Kuala Besut jetty direct is about RM 75-80 and airport taxi to downtown Kota Bharu is RM 27 ( info from KB tourist office). Taxi from KB taxi stand to Kuala Besut you can negotiate to around RM 60-70.

Some Chinese restaurants, retail shops around Kota Bharu are permitted to sell beer etc so you can ask the taxi driver to make a detour stop on the way to Kuala Besut. You could stay 1 night in KB and do some walking sightseer in downtown KB.:-)

sydney
reviews: 10
2. Re: Two days in Kota Bharu

Thank you for you help

London, United...
reviews: 28
3. Re: Two days in Kota Bharu

Hi - I don't know if this is too late to answer to your question but we had a thoroughly fantastic time in Khota Bharu and that was down to one man: Roselan at the KB tourism centre. He took us for a day trip seeing kite makers, puppeteers, temples and batik factory. We then went to his house for a cooking course. He was such a wonderful person to be around and gave us a true flavour of Malaysian Hospitality. This trip was in 2009 and we've kept in touch ever since.

At first, we weren't keen on KB, didn't think it was a charming place and wondered why we'd left the Perhentians to go there but after we met Roselan that all changed. I think it's one of those places where it's not about what you see but what you do.

Have a great trip.

4. Re: Two days in Kota Bharu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 08, 2014