We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mutiara Burau Bay opinions please.

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 1
Mutiara Burau Bay opinions please.

I have already booked our stay at the Mutiara for early December and having read the reviews on TA there seem to be a lot of mixed opinions, past visitors have either loved it or hated it.

I noticed that no one has posted photographs of the interior of the cabanas, I have booked a superior sea view cabana for myself and my husband and would like to see any pics that past visitors have taken good or bad.

If anyone out there has any pictures would you please post them on TA. Also any general reports of the resort would be great.

Many thanks Snuffin

Finland
1. Re: Mutiara Burau Bay opinions please.

Hi!

There is lots of information about Mutiara Burau Bay on this site, just search! E.g. I've answered to a couple of inquiries a few weeks ago.

Mutiara is an ok hotel, the setting is fabulous with lots of wildlife around, good beach... the cabanas are very basic, 2+ or 3- stars I'd say. If you don't expect luxury, you'll be satisfied. Do expect to see some ants (really small ones, not harmful at all) and cockroaches though.

Our cabana was recently renovated, it was ok.

Georgetown, Penang
reviews: 1
2. Re: Mutiara Burau Bay opinions please.

Snufin,

Gotta go with the above, don't expect luxury ! If you have booked a double cabana, well they are on the small side, beds are almost futon style ie on the floor, not on legs. The rooms are basic, tv, aircon, shower, decking, etc but not so bad as to put you off the place.

Good news is that you have one of if not THE, only place on Langkawi with a little bit of night life. The Seashell Bar & Restuarant.

Great food, live band and great staff to look after you.

Its also a beatiful location and the beach is private to, try walking along to the Berjaya or round the little road to Oriental Village for the cable car (best view of Langkawi).

Hope you like it, if not you can have my apartment in town and I will have your reservation at Mutiara. LOL

Enjoy !

3. Re: Mutiara Burau Bay opinions please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Langkawi