We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cable car and floating bridge excursion from KL

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rome, Italy
reviews: 12
cable car and floating bridge excursion from KL

hi,

if i am staying in KL, is it possible to travel to langkawi in the morning, visit the cable car and the floating bridge, then travel back to KL, all in the same day?

-so if it is possible, what are the best timings to go?

-how long it will take the full journey?

- is it possible i can make it back to hotel in KL before 1pm?

-any transportation recommended from KL hotel to KUL (i am staying near times square)?

-any transportation recommended LGK to the cable car?

-any one knows of any discounted tickets? i am traveling mid-october if it makes any difference..

i am only interested in the cable car and the floating bridge, and probably some souvenir shopping if any shop on the way. no lunch will be taken and no other sightseeing will be interesting.

thanks for feedback

Edited: 3:58 pm, August 20, 2014
4 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 62
1. Re: cable car and floating bridge excursion from KL

Hi

You will need to look up flight schedules from KL to Langkawi to see whether it is possible to make the journey in one day.

The skybridge is closed for maintenance at the moment so all you will be visiting is the cable car and it is a long way to travel just for this. Langkawi has much more to offer than just the cable car and if the weather on the island happens to be stormy, which it sometimes is in October, then for safety reasons the cable car could be closed so you would have had a wasted journey.

Lesley

Rome, Italy
reviews: 12
2. Re: cable car and floating bridge excursion from KL

Thanks Lesley,

it is that time when i investigated what you mean by "closed" that i got to know that it has been shut for some time and probably wont be ready till end of year.

your reply is much appreciated.

personal view: langkawi is a beatiful island indeed, but i extensively searched the POI and activities there, and they mostly were not to my pleasure. few activities will be done when i visit Malaysia with the family in few years time, but for now, as a solo traveller, langkawi doesnt intrigue me.

thanks again for your valuable reply.obviously langkawi trip is canceled unless the skybridge is open again.

best

3. Re: cable car and floating bridge excursion from KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:35 am, September 03, 2014

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 30
4. Re: cable car and floating bridge excursion from KL

Skip Langkawi!

Put it on your bucket list and take more time.

Eva

Reply to: cable car and floating bridge excursion from KL
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Langkawi