We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba diving urgent!

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
edinburgh
reviews: 19
Scuba diving urgent!

Hi we are wanting to go to langkawi on Friday from KL, and dive sat and Sunday, but as it's only 2 days of diving we don't want to spend like 30 mins on a bus getting to the jetty!

Can anyone please tell me a name and link to a dive shop? And the closest possible hotel to the royal yacht club, which I have been told is where the dive boats leave from?

Any help would be fantastic

Thank so much

8 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 62
1. Re: Scuba diving urgent!

Hi

Langkawi Coral and East Marine Divers both do diving trips to Pulau Payar. Check out their websites for more details.

The nearest hotel to the Yacht Club is the Westin.

Lesley

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 30
2. Re: Scuba diving urgent!

The Westin might be a bit pricy. There are a hell a lot of new and cheap hotels in Kuah.

The Baron, Citin, Bayview (nor new) Seaview and much, much more.

Eva

edinburgh
reviews: 19
3. Re: Scuba diving urgent!

Thank you! How far exactly is the westin from the yacht club? And does the diving school leave from the yacht club? Sorry to be a pain but just don't want to waist time spending time in a taxi to get to the boat?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 62
4. Re: Scuba diving urgent!

Hi

The Westin is around a 5 min walk from the Yacht Club and as far as I know, East Marine Divers do leave from there but do check their website for full details.

Lesley

Kuala Lumpur...
5. Re: Scuba diving urgent!

Hi Aladacoop,

First of all, Langkawi is not the destination for diving as there are no fish sanctuaries there. The nearest place to go to is Pulau Kapas. You can access that island by ferry from Jetty Point. As soon as you arrive there, there will be a dive centre where you can purchase additional trips and so on...im not sure about the water condition as as i said, its not the place to go to, to dive. Hope this has helped you. Try to go to places like Pulau Redang, Pulau tioman, Pulau perhentian and Simpadan.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
reviews: 68
6. Re: Scuba diving urgent!

Pulau Kapas is in Terengganu. For Langkawi, diving trips will usually take you to the neighbouring island of Pulau Payar which is a marine park.

7. Re: Scuba diving urgent!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, July 31, 2014

Kuala Lumpur...
8. Re: Scuba diving urgent!

Hey Aladacoop,

sorry i meant Pulau Payar. I was just a bit confused as i recently made a trip there.

cole

Reply to: Scuba diving urgent!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Langkawi