We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest shopping place and the nearest hotel.

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuching, Malaysia
Cheapest shopping place and the nearest hotel.

Hello, I am planning to go on a trip to Langkawi around Nov (before M'sian school holiday). Anybody can suggest where can I do shopping on the cheapest kitchenware, bedding sheets, chocolates, perfumes, etc etc? And which hotel is the nearest to the shop (which is within walking distance so that i wouldn't have to rent a car or taxi, and hopefully it's around RM500 for 3 nights) that sale those things because I have to bring along my 2 and 8 year old daughters. Thank you. :)

3 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 62
1. Re: Cheapest shopping place and the nearest hotel.

Hi

Bay View in Kuah Town is probably the nearest to the shopping area. There are lots of duty free shops which sell all the things you require and the prices are about the same in them all.

Lesley

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 30
2. Re: Cheapest shopping place and the nearest hotel.

Dear Zeti,

as you are a local, I would check out homestays. There are hundreds of new ones and damn cheap. Yes, you would need to stay in Kuah. Rams is tha main shop for you in Pekan Rabu, right behind the Jetty Point.

There is another big one direction Tanjung Rhu, just outside Kuah called ??? Idaman whatever, I forgot but all taxis know it. A yellow building on your right.

Plenty of duty free shops in Kuah for chocolate etc.

Additionally we have 2 shopping malls, one Langkawi Fair the other one Parade.

Eva

Kuching, Malaysia
3. Re: Cheapest shopping place and the nearest hotel.

Thank you very much for your information. By the way, do you know which hotel is the best between De Baron Resort or Bella Vista Hotel? I mean where kids can have fun staying there. Like swimming pool, playground (if any) and such? Thank you again. :)

Reply to: Cheapest shopping place and the nearest hotel.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted