We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel & Itinerary Advice - Langkawi in late-July

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
reviews: 6
Hotel & Itinerary Advice - Langkawi in late-July

We (hubby & I) will be travelling to Langkawi from 25 to 28 July this year. We would be arriving from KL, and will go onward to Singapore.

Having read through the threads, and other information on this site, I have been able to put together a rough itinerary, with some hotel preferences. Need advice from DE's and fellow travelers to give this a shape.

Hotels -

- have read excellent reviews about Berjaya, and this is my first preference

- not sure of the distance from Berjaya to the main beach? Understand this is a taxi ride away - but is it a convenient distance if one may have to do 2-3 trips in a day to & fro?

- because of its location, not able to finalize between Berjaya and other choices on the beach - need some advice here

- among hotels on beach, have shortlisted Frangipaani. Need some more inputs (pros & cons) on this, plus other shortlisted beach choices of Holiday Viila & Resorts World

- my hotel budget is around 100-120 USD per day

- what we want in a hotel - clean & spacious, value-for-money, good service, good in-house dining options

Itinerary

- would want the 3 days to be a good blend of relaxation and fun

- day we check-in (25th July, Fri) have kept cable car + 7-well + oriental village - is this doable?

- have reserved day-2 for Rampant Sailing, followed by a nice dinner at hotel

- day 3 have thought of underwater world + duty free shopping + walk on main beach

- have read about the crocodile farm - any recommendations for this tour? could I add this to day-3?

- given the above activities, what would a day-budget typically come to? We'd traveling through taxis mostly.

I know I have asked a lot of questions, but really look forward to all inputs.

Thanks!

Kankana

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 72
1. Re: Hotel & Itinerary Advice - Langkawi in late-July

Hi

Not sure what you mean about travelling from Berjaya to the beach. There is a beach at this hotel which is beautiful.

The main tourist area on the island is Pantai Cenang which is a 20 min journey from the Berjaya. By taxi this will cost you RM22 each way.

Frangipani and Holiday Villas are both quite nice hotels but not as good as the Berjaya. Resorts World does not have a beach but lovely views over the marina.

Cable car, Oriental Village and Seven Wells are easily doable in an afternoon and you would be best crossing of a visit to the crocodile farm as IMHO it is not very nice. You could add a mangrove tour to your list instead, which is a much better option. Look at Dev's Adventure Tours www.langkawi-nature.com They are the best.

Hope this helps.

Lesley

New Delhi, India
2. Re: Hotel & Itinerary Advice - Langkawi in late-July

Hi Lesley,

Thanks a lot! I didn't know Berjaya had a beach too - this would be lovely!

Have read a lot about Dev's tours on this forum - your inputs definitely help. In a good mind to have this on day-3, and may-be give Underwater World a miss.

What is your take on Underwater world? Going by the mixed reviews, not too sure now!

Since we would be on a day-trip on the previous day, do you reckon another day-trip with Dev's tours is doable? When I ask this, primarily have heat / humidity in mind, and the weather conditions in late July.

Thanks again!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 72
3. Re: Hotel & Itinerary Advice - Langkawi in late-July

Hi

If you go on a trip with Dev's, pick up is usually around 9.30am and you will be back at your hotel by around 3.30pm. I would give Underwater World a miss and opt for the mangrove trip. As you are mainly in a boat on water there is usually a nice breeze and the boat has a canopy so you are not sitting in the sun all the time. You will see some very interesting wildlife on this trip.

Your day sailing with Rampant will be fantastic. You can relax on the boat in the shade and do not have to do anything too strenuous unless you want to.

Enjoy

Lesley

New Delhi, India
4. Re: Hotel & Itinerary Advice - Langkawi in late-July

Thanks for all your inputs Lesley, they've been most helpful.

Will get going now to put this all together - will keep coming back if there are more questions!!

norfolk
reviews: 30
5. Re: Hotel & Itinerary Advice - Langkawi in late-July

july is rainy season - and some business take their annual breaks at that time. it would be a good idea to book your day out with rampant well in advance - to be sure they are running.

Burdwan, West Bengal
reviews: 23
6. Re: Hotel & Itinerary Advice - Langkawi in late-July

Hi.. Planning for 2n 3d at Langkawi with my wife. May I bother you all for the following queries?

1) Will June be better than July?

2) Nice budget accomodation & in which area will be better?

3) Pls help with my travel plans. Will travel from KL, will be back to KL & fly back to Kolkata, India

4) Should we take island hopping day tour? If yes with which agencies should we plan to.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Sandeep

norfolk
reviews: 30
7. Re: Hotel & Itinerary Advice - Langkawi in late-July

1)no. june is rainy season also. but there is still a lot of sunshine.

2)la pari-pari. pantai tengah. or try looking through the 'hotels' tab on the green line at the top of the page.

3)fly. with MAS or air asia.

4)yes. no agent required, but there are plenty on p.tengah and p.cenang.

Burdwan, West Bengal
reviews: 23
8. Re: Hotel & Itinerary Advice - Langkawi in late-July

Thanks for your input.

Pls suggest if I should book tickets in July?

Also pls update me if I need to have an International Driving License for bike rental?

Can you suggest me an itinerary for 2N 3D (will fly in & to KL).

New Delhi, India
reviews: 25
9. Re: Hotel & Itinerary Advice - Langkawi in late-July

Hi,

You have chosen a bit off-season.

Many hotels/ resorts may be closed or carrying out maintenance. However, Berjaya may be operating and you may get some lower rates as well.

Berjaya is little off the track resort. However, it has excellent set up. If you going for 3 days only, would suggest 1) To enjoy beach at resort and resort itself for a day.

2) go for Cable Car. It is very close to Berjaya. You can go early morning for perfect views as mornings are little clearer to get views of the far islands. In noon, there are less people but views may be different.

3) Mangrove tour is well advised. Dev Tours is on Pentai Cenang, near Underwater World.

What i am not sure is if they will operate during heavy rains. Pls check.

Underwater World and Wildlife Park are good to see if you have interest in fauna in general. We went with our kid who enjoed watching all this very much.

In case it rains, and there is less to do - Rent a car and go on drive around the island. It's beautiful.... It's a kind of ring road which you can follow. Nice roads, well mannered traffic and very few interruptions. But this you can do even if does not rain depending on your plan! :)

Have a good one.

Kuala Lumpur...
10. Re: Hotel & Itinerary Advice - Langkawi in late-July

hello ~

i went to india using this for booking hotel

no tax no any additional charges and get cheaoer rate

http://www.livesasia.com/98027

enjoy traveling =D

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi