We (hubby & I) will be travelling to Langkawi from 25 to 28 July this year. We would be arriving from KL, and will go onward to Singapore.
Having read through the threads, and other information on this site, I have been able to put together a rough itinerary, with some hotel preferences. Need advice from DE's and fellow travelers to give this a shape.
- have read excellent reviews about Berjaya, and this is my first preference
- not sure of the distance from Berjaya to the main beach? Understand this is a taxi ride away - but is it a convenient distance if one may have to do 2-3 trips in a day to & fro?
- because of its location, not able to finalize between Berjaya and other choices on the beach - need some advice here
- among hotels on beach, have shortlisted Frangipaani. Need some more inputs (pros & cons) on this, plus other shortlisted beach choices of Holiday Viila & Resorts World
- my hotel budget is around 100-120 USD per day
- what we want in a hotel - clean & spacious, value-for-money, good service, good in-house dining options
- would want the 3 days to be a good blend of relaxation and fun
- day we check-in (25th July, Fri) have kept cable car + 7-well + oriental village - is this doable?
- have reserved day-2 for Rampant Sailing, followed by a nice dinner at hotel
- day 3 have thought of underwater world + duty free shopping + walk on main beach
- have read about the crocodile farm - any recommendations for this tour? could I add this to day-3?
- given the above activities, what would a day-budget typically come to? We'd traveling through taxis mostly.
I know I have asked a lot of questions, but really look forward to all inputs.