We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel to stay for honeymoon

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
reviews: 4
Hotel to stay for honeymoon

Hello All

I am planning to stay 3 nights in Langkawi on honeymoon in April end.

As per mu budget, I have shortlisted these 3 hotels:-

1. Berjaya langkawi resort : seaview/ premier chalet room

2. Frangipani resort: Sea facing villa

3. Rebak island by Taj: superior sea front room

All of these 3 have their own private beaches.

Our preference: good view of beach from the room, but then if the beach is at a walking distance, then basic sea view room can also be taken.

We will do some water sports (parasailing etc...not snorkeling)...and also visit some places in city like cable car, kuah market etc...sunset cruise..apart from spending time in hotel

Does Frangipani command the same price as Rebak resort for sea facing room v/s superior sea front room...I personally liked Rebak but its location is concerning me a bit..being away from main island means dinner will always be in the resort at its only restaurant..and being a veggie, it might pose a problem...also that shuttle ride could be an additional constraint for roaming around...and perhaps for tour operators also who pick and drop you for leisure activities...

I liked Berjaya more than Frangipani in terms of its layout..but have heard mixed reviews...are there any good places to eat around Berjaya also, like Frangipani has?

Please comment !

4 replies to this topic
Australia
reviews: 21
1. Re: Hotel to stay for honeymoon

Hi. The Berjaya has 5 in house restaurants all of which are very good. You can walk to the Oriental Village where there are other eateries plus this is where the cable car is. You would be a short ride to Telaga harbour for a variety of restaurants. We are returning in March for another visit

Hope you enjoy your stay in Langkawi

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 62
2. Re: Hotel to stay for honeymoon

Hi

I much prefer the rooms at the Berjaya to those of Frangipani. However, there are more restaurants in walking distance if you stay at Frangipani.

I am afraid it will have to be a compromise ;o)

Lesley

Petaling Jaya...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Hotel to stay for honeymoon

My friends stay at Berjaya Resort all give good comment. You may consider

norfolk
reviews: 30
4. Re: Hotel to stay for honeymoon

personally - i love the berjaya. i have stayed elsewhere, but i always go back. vegetarian food is easily available.

frangipani does not have a 'private beach'. it fronts onto pantai tengah which is readily accessible and from which noisy motorized watersports and parasailing operate. it should be pointed out - beaches are not 'private' in malaysia. though because access is through private property, some are more 'private' than others. berjaya and rebak are two such cases.

the rebak caters well for vegetarians, particularly those wanting 'indian veg' diets.

Reply to: Hotel to stay for honeymoon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted