We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi - best hotel for 2 adults and 3 children

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
reviews: 1
Langkawi - best hotel for 2 adults and 3 children

Hi, we have 3 children aged 4, 9 and 12 and are travelling to Langkawi in January. We would like to stay at a nice resort but finding it hard to find a resort that has a family room that allows 3 children. We might have to book two rooms and that becomes very expensive. Our budget is around MYR1,000 per night. Thanks in advance for your help!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
1. Re: Langkawi - best hotel for 2 adults and 3 children

Hi,

Berjaya..am sure @TA DE Langkawi-Steady(Lesley) will fill you in with more details.

other options- what about Frangipanni or Holiday Villa?

Not sure about the family chalet in Meritus Pelangi? have you check that?

Wellington, New...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Langkawi - best hotel for 2 adults and 3 children

Hi, thanks for this. I don't think the Meritus has family chalets. I will have a look at the other options. Regards

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 73
3. Re: Langkawi - best hotel for 2 adults and 3 children

Hi

Berjaya certainly do have family chalets. Drop them an email and ask if they will allow 3 kids to a chalet - I am sure they will.

As you are travelling in January you had better make a choice very, very soon. Peak holiday period on the island and most places are booked up already for that time.

Good luck

Lesley

norfolk
reviews: 30
4. Re: Langkawi - best hotel for 2 adults and 3 children

holiday villas and federal have family rooms, as does the berjaya. however, people have mentioned that many hotels' websites do not allow you to enter more than two children. if this is the case, try e-mailing their reservations department, or telephoning to ask.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 34
5. Re: Langkawi - best hotel for 2 adults and 3 children

Dear Holly,

contact Meritus directly. I know they can do it even if their website says different.

Additionally check out Bon Ton and Temple Tree!!! Both are the same owner and some houses would certainly fit in.

You could have a look to Sunset Valley as well. I lived here for 3 months and loved it.

Pondok Keladi rents out one house. That might be an alternative and much, much cheaper than your budget.

Eva

New Delhi, Delhi...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Langkawi - best hotel for 2 adults and 3 children

Why dont you try any of the homestays , there are plenty in Langkawi with all amenities and good location. I remember seeing family chalets on main Cenang beach road.

London
reviews: 17
7. Re: Langkawi - best hotel for 2 adults and 3 children

Another recommendation for emailing directly and asking. We did the same when staying at Berjaya. Room only came up as 2 adults + 1 child on web-site. Booking with the totel direct had no problems with 2A + 2C in the room.

Down Under
reviews: 6
8. Re: Langkawi - best hotel for 2 adults and 3 children

Agree with contacting Hotel direct, just keep copies of emails though as we had trouble when booking ito a Family Suite at Holiday Villa last year. Luckily I had my emails on hand and was given what we had been discussing and didn't have to pay extra for bedding. I can recommend HV, but Family Suite will be very cramped with 3 kids, we struggled with two and the sofa bed was hardly big enough for my 10 year old at the time and was not very comfy, so had to pay for extra rollaway bed.

We are trying the Federal Villas this time in January, they are next door to HV and they share their pool area, which is a short stroll from the FV, we were able to get a 2 bedroom apartment for MYR580 per night...WAY cheaper than anything else we have seen. The reviews are sketchy, but we expect to get what we pay for. We hardly spend anytime in the room anyway and as long as the shower works and the bed is comfy we will be OK. Good luck with your planning, but I would book soon. I had trouble booking rooms we originally wanted at HV and I booked in August this year for January 2014.

9. Re: Langkawi - best hotel for 2 adults and 3 children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 21, 2014