We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Detailed Langkawi

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calicut
reviews: 12
Detailed Langkawi

Friends, we have a plan to visit Langkawi island in the month of June,2013 for three night stay. We will be arriving on 3rd morning and leaving by 6th morning. Later a three night stay in Kuala Lumpur. We are interested with sea sport and hope Langkawi is the right choice. I would be thankful if you could assist me on my hotel selection and any travel agency who could arrange boating activities. The hotel we have selected right now is Berjaya resort. We are three in number and between the age 24-27.

Regards,

Arun

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 62
1. Re: Detailed Langkawi

Hi

The Berjaya is a wonderful hotel but you may find it is rather away from the main tourist area of Pantai Cenang which you may prefer. Also look at hotels such as Pelangi, Frangipani or La Pari Pari, which may be suitable for you and which are close to lots of outside restaurants, bars and shops.

On the beach at Pantai Cenang there are lots of water sports such as para sailing, jet skis and banana boat. There is no snorkelling from the beaches around the island as the water is not crystal clear.

You can also book an island hopping tour quite easily from one of the operatives on the main strip at Pantai Cenang.

Lesley

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 112
2. Re: Detailed Langkawi

Hi,

I would also recommend the amazing Bon Ton temple tree, in the Pantai cenang area. It got some tripadvisor award and yes, it was worth it :)

Enjoy your trip!

Marta

http://foodinkl.wordpress.com/

Calicut
3. Re: Detailed Langkawi

Thanks a lot Lesley and Marta for your kind effort to reply. Those were very helpful. We would like to visit Lagkawi cable car, skybridge, underwater worl, wildlife park and samudra and other duty free. Are you sure the best options is the two hotel mentioned by you. Ofcourse water activity is also vital for us.

I understand that the hotels are near to water activities and underwater world. If I finalise one among these hotel what mode of transportation I need to use to get to other location.

Regards,

Arun

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
4. Re: Detailed Langkawi

Hi

To get to the other locations you will either have to hire a car or use taxis There is no public transport on the island. Taxi prices are fixed so there is no need to haggle. You could arrange a 4 hour tour of the island which will take you to all the popular tourist spots.

Lesley

Calicut
5. Re: Detailed Langkawi

That's great. Do you have any particular taxi service to refer. Won't the hotel booked taxi fare be high. How's the availability of taxi in the island. If it's okay we are planning to stay at Berjaya resort since we have an offer for the ocean front room. But we are working on Pelangi too.

Regards,

Arun

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
6. Re: Detailed Langkawi

Hi

There are numerous taxis around on the island and if you do chose to stay at Berjaya you will have no trouble arranging one.

The ocean front rooms at Berjaya are lovely but it is a 20 min drive from there into Pantai Cenang which is the main tourist area and somewhere that you may prefer to be as you are young [males]??? Still, as you are only there for 3 days I doubt this will matter very much :o)

BTW if you do stay at Berjaya I will be there at that time so do come and say hello......

Lesley

Edited: 3:48 am, April 11, 2013
London
reviews: 16
7. Re: Detailed Langkawi

If OP has already provionally booked Berjaya and is tight for time, then its worth mentioning there is a watersports centre based at Berjaya and it's reasonably priced. From what i can remember I'm sure they also cover snorkelling trips in addtion to jet-ski's etc

It's also few mins walk/hotel buggy ride from Oriental Village and cable car etc.

Calicut
8. Re: Detailed Langkawi

Dear Lesley,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Will surely drop a call when we reach there. which part of Malaysia you actually belong to. Please drop me your contact number or mail ID so that I can get in touch. Hope u would appreciate if I need any more information.

Regards,

Arun

Calicut
9. Re: Detailed Langkawi

Thanks a lot Taposh for your review.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
10. Re: Detailed Langkawi

Hi Arun

I actually live in the UK but spend quite a lot of time in Langkawi and at the Berjaya. I leave next week for a couple of months so will no doubt see you around if you stay at Berjaya too.

Hope you enjoy your stay and if you have any more questions, please ask.

Lesley