We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi in late May

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 58
Langkawi in late May

How would langawi be in late may?

Is it high season?

I am sure it will be hot

What abt road traffic, will it be heavy?

Pasar malams?

Would appreciate some help! First time planning to go there!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 62
1. Re: Langkawi in late May

Hi

The roads on the island are never very busy unless, like now, it is LIMA. The island should be fairly quiet at that time but I am not sure about Malaysian school holidays

There is a pasar malam on the island every night. It moves around daily so it depends on what days you are staying as to where the market will be. The best one is in Kuah Town on a Wednesday and Saturday nights.

Lesley

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 30
2. Re: Langkawi in late May

Dear ClauJ,

to my personal opinion you picked a very good time. May is not yet rainy season but you can expect the odd shower or tropic storm. That helps to cool the island a bit. Sometimes after such a rain the sunsets are truly stunning.

Eva

Karachi, Pakistan
reviews: 15
3. Re: Langkawi in late May

hi

I am travelling on June 16 to lgk

how would be the weather and would it too much rush

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 62
4. Re: Langkawi in late May

Hi

Weather will be hot and humid with the occasional shower in the early evening - but with the weather who can say for definite - I only wish I could!!

As for will the island be busy You can Google to see when the Malaysian school holidays are and that will give you an idea.

Lesley

5. Re: Langkawi in late May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 20, 2014