We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, United...
reviews: 26
Currency

Hi,

I am off to Singapore before several days in Kedah, Langkawi. Should I simply take Singapore Dollars or do I need to take the Ringgit with me for my stay in Langkawi?

Thanks in advance

United Kingdom
1. Re: Currency

A friend of mine just came back 2 days ago from Malaysia and told me that the money exchange in KL airport has a slightly better exchange rate than the UK (only pennies mind).

I hope the advice is right as i'm taking very little in Ringgit's !!!!

Enjoy Your holiday!

Shaunprawn

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 73
2. Re: Currency

Hi Scatch1

Yes, you will need Ringgits for your stay in Langkawi - that's if you are taking currency and not using the ATM's

Lesley

Georgetown, Penang
reviews: 1
3. Re: Currency

scratch1

You are going to need malaysian ringgit for Langkawi, if you are arriving by plane there is an exchange place directly on your left as you come out of arrivals, 15 yards from the hall.

If your coming on the boat from the mainland into the jetty, jump in a cab or walk to Maybank in Kuah, they have the best rates.

Use up your singapore dollars, unless you need them for the return trip.

United Kingdom
4. Re: Currency

Hi just been to my local post office to get a little pocket money and got my Ringgit's at 6.4195.

shaunprawn

Georgetown, Penang
reviews: 1
5. Re: Currency

Shaun,

You'll get a better rate here on Langkawi. From the bank,its around 6.79RM to the GBP.

6. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 13, 2009