We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing for low tide at Tanjung Rhu

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Timing for low tide at Tanjung Rhu

Hi, I am interested to walk on the seabed to the small island/off shore rock formation near Tanjung Rhu's beach during low tide. Does anyone know the time for low tide in Jan? Will be visiting on 22-23Jan.

London, United...
1. Re: Timing for low tide at Tanjung Rhu

Lye, you need to contact one of the Langkawi nature tour companies. Do not try to do this without local advice and I mean the experts, not the hotel receptionist. Its dangerous, and not as easy as you think, I've done this by long boat, the area is surrounded by mudflats. BEWARE.

Helsinki
2. Re: Timing for low tide at Tanjung Rhu

You can check the tide forecast for the next week here:

www.met.gov.my/index.php…

Edited: 4:47 am, January 14, 2013
3. Re: Timing for low tide at Tanjung Rhu

Thanks a lot for the info, Jeku.

Thanks for the warning Robelyn09. I just wish to walk a little on the seabed. I have done it before part of the way but turned back as we were not sure of the duration of low tide.

4. Re: Timing for low tide at Tanjung Rhu

Thanks for the warning, Robelyn09.

Great info, Jeku! Thanks!

Plan to just walk out on the seabed a little.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 21
5. Re: Timing for low tide at Tanjung Rhu

Are you allowed into Tanjang Rhu Beach again? Last year when there gaurds were blocking the road and wouldn't let us in.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 34
6. Re: Timing for low tide at Tanjung Rhu

Dear Lye,

on the 22nd low tide is at 15.20

on the 23rd low tide is at 16.30

but both days the tides are very small due to the moon. It might not be low enough to walk to the other side, sorry

Eva

7. Re: Timing for low tide at Tanjung Rhu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, January 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Langkawi