We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few questions..

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rawalpindi, Punjab...
Few questions..

Hi all..im Aleena from Pakistan.Me and my husband are planning our 10 days trip to Malaysia.We want to spend 3 nights in LAngkawi.

i have few questions ,your input is highly appericiated:-)

= What is the main tourist area in Langkawi?.

= How is the beach in Langkawi?.We both arent into swimming but would love to see and enjoy crystal clear water..esp blue or green,Any ideas please?.

= We have been thinking of Berjaya resort but from some reviews i have assumed its bit out of town and isolated?.Are there any nights markets near berjaya?.

= How will be the weather in December?.

Thank all so much for your precious time:-).

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 62
1. Re: Few questions..

Hi

The main tourist area is Pantai Cenang which is about 20 mins by car from the Berjaya.

The Berjaya has 5 in-house restaurants, all serving different types of food and it is within walking distance to the Oriental Village where there are several other eating places and a food court.

It is a 10 min drive to Telaga Harbour where there are lots of other restaurants you can try.

There are lots of lovely beaches around the island and the one at the Berjaya is one of the best in my opinion.

Weather in December should be very hot and humid with little rain but the island will be very busy at this time because of the run up to Christmas so lots of places will be fully booked.

Lesley

Malaysia
reviews: 15
2. Re: Few questions..

This part of the beach is not known for crystal clear sea water.

>>>>but would love to see and enjoy crystal clear water..esp blue or green,Any ideas please?

norfolk
reviews: 30
3. Re: Few questions..

langkawi really doesn't have crystal clear water. there is no coral reef. the sea is, however, a very beautiful green colour.

personally, i don't consider the berjaya 'isolated'. it is very close to the cable-car, for instance. and most guests hire a car to get around the island. the night market travels to different places each night - do a search on this site for a list. all the places are within 30 minutes drive of berjaya.

december's weather is good, but it is approaching peak season so you need to decide soon.

pam

4. Re: Few questions..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, December 17, 2013