We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

insects and mossies

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 1
insects and mossies

Are mosquitos a problem in Langkawi. Do we need mossie tablets? Also are there lots of bugs and creepy crawlies in Andaman?

Wrexham, Wales
reviews: 2
1. Re: insects and mossies

Hiya,

I'm just looking at our honemoon video (currently watching our evening walk to our first trip to the Gulai House).My wife and I spent about 9 days for the last part of our honeymoon at the Andaman last September. Prior to us going, I posted a thread on this forum about spiders etc - because, quite simply I am terrified of them. Think they're amazing, but I'm absolutely scared out of my wits (i think it's the way their legs move or something).

Anyway suffice to say we had an amazing time there. The wildlife around the hotel is ace - monitor lizards, monkeys, butterflies etc. We even went on a 2hr Jungle trek after being so impressed with the complimentary nature walks. And yes, we DID see some spiders, but NONE in our room or in the restaurants or pool. Just a few up in the roof in the beach toilet (TOP TIP: don't look up when having a wee in the beach toilet haha!).

Please believe me when I say I'm really scared of spiders - I was thinking about having hypnotherapy before going i was that worried, but honest they wouldn't dare bother you at the Andaman.

Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 54
2. Re: insects and mossies

on other threads experts have said there is no malaria in Langkawi but mossies are a problem and if like me you react badly to being bitten its worth investing ina good repellent with 50% Deet

Girona, Spain
reviews: 4
3. Re: insects and mossies

Just spent 12 days at the Berjaya in the rain forest, never had any problems with mossies, not one bite and we sat out every evening. !

Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 54
4. Re: insects and mossies

Marcey - are you saying there is no danger of anyone getting bitten because there are no mossies - or that you are lucky because they are not attracted you (as they are to me)

The information I have previously been given led me to believe they are everywhere and as the bites I get generally react and go septic I want to be sure of my facts thanks

Girona, Spain
reviews: 4
5. Re: insects and mossies

Hi goanluv i react to mossies too, but honestly i had no problems, maybe because it was dry i really dont know, maybe when it rains it could be more of a problem.