We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Langkawi too quiet?

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 23
Is Langkawi too quiet?

Hi, deliberating whether or not to visit Langkawi for a couple of days whilst in Penang late February. I'm not really a sun lover as such and tend to get up late and stay out late...Would I be bored? I liked Samui as it seemed to be all things to all people, if that's what you wanted. Seems a shame to travel all that way and not see Langkawi when everyone seems to rate it so highly. Any thoughts? Regards Phil.

Kuching
reviews: 7
1. Re: Is Langkawi too quiet?

Late Febuary of this year? You may have trouble getting a room.

Feb is usually a very busy month for Lsngkawi. Chinese new year falls late Jan or Feb (depending on the year) so there is a national Holiday. You also have the tour de langkawi bike race. People start arriving for the F1 race late in feb sometimes as well. Becauwse of this all the bars and places are open and fairly busy. Several of the resorts will have beach parties at night as well.

Its wont be like thailand though. There arent the endless nightclubs, there are no "professional girls", and the party scene isnt huge.

reviews: 18
2. Re: Is Langkawi too quiet?

I would only visit Langkawi if you want to relax and sit around a pool or on the beach doing nothing. We have hired a car and the island is beautiful, been on the cable car etc but there is certainly by no means lots to do. A very relaxing layed back country with great hotels, food and people but be prepared to do nothing much.

reviews: 18
3. Re: Is Langkawi too quiet?

I would only visit Langkawi if you want to relax and sit around a pool or on the beach doing nothing. We have hired a car and the island is beautiful, been on the cable car etc but there is certainly by no means lots to do. A very relaxing layed back country with great hotels, food and people but be prepared to do nothing much.

London, United...
reviews: 23
4. Re: Is Langkawi too quiet?

Hi, sounds nice but quiet or is that boring? As a regular lone traveller I tend to seek loads of things to do & see and after reading the various reviews this may not be the place for me. However, as previously mentioned, it does seem an awful long way to go and not see it so prehaps 2/3 nights at the Sheraton would tick all the boxes. I've just booked 6 nights at the Park Royal Plaza so we have an element of flexability available for the remaining 8 nights. Quite exciting really! Regards Phil.

Edinburgh, Scotland
reviews: 1
5. Re: Is Langkawi too quiet?

only one way to find out... just go for it. book a couple of nights and see how it goes. what's 3 days out of your life? it might not be your ideal destination, but i doubt it'll be the worst place that you've ever been and you never know... it might turn out to be your favourite place on earth.

happy travels.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 73
6. Re: Is Langkawi too quiet?

Hi

Langkawi is very, very quiet. Not very much nightlife for you to stay out late. Tends to be very much for couples/ honeymooners and the like.

I am a female who travels there alone but I like to spend my days lazing on the beach with a book, nice meal in the evening and a couple of drinks.

Lesley