We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Popularity rating for Tanjung Rhu

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 3
Popularity rating for Tanjung Rhu

It is encouraging to see that the Tanjung Rhu has moved up to #5 in the popularity index.

After I reurn next month, I trust I'll be able to send a positive report so that #4 might be a possibility.

I have a feeling that if the all-inclusive option (which is good value and influenced my initial booking ) is taken into account the rating could be even higher.

4 February can't come quick enough!

John

West Yorkshire...
1. Re: Popularity rating for Tanjung Rhu

Hi there,

Looking forward to reading your posting. Have a great holiday.

Leigh

Kuching
reviews: 7
2. Re: Popularity rating for Tanjung Rhu

The TR is a wonderful place and I’m sure you will enjoy every minute of it.

I’m not sure I would choose the all-inclusive though. Langkawi is not like the Bahamas or many other destinations where food is very expensive. In general food outside of hotels is VERY VERY cheap in Langkawi. Also with the all-inclusive Alcohol is NOT included as it is in the Bahamas or many other parts of the world.

There are many good restaurants throughout Langkawi that you would miss by doing the all-inclusive. I would hate to be tethered to one location for meals (even though the restaurants are superb). Also if you plan on doing any sight seeing or shopping you have to figure that the TR is a good distance from town and many attractions. It may be a pain to go out, drive back for lunch, then go out again and drive back for dinner. You would also miss a lunch by doing any of the snorkel expeditions or tours that lasted mornings through the afternoon. Every meal you miss decreases the value of the package.

There are conditions where it may be worth it though. If you prefer to eat only at hotel restaurants at the TR, don’t care for Asian food, can’t handle spicy food, plan to stay around the resort, don’t like to drive, or it doesn’t cost very much more it would definitely be worth it.

Enjoy your stay and let us know how it turned out.

Australia
reviews: 16
3. Re: Popularity rating for Tanjung Rhu

Hi John

we are also doing the all inclusive package, we arrive the 20th Feb for the Langkawi Ironman Triathlon. I too are happy that it is increaing in the ranks again. I was getting a little concerned with the bad reports a few weeks ago.

West Yorkshire...
4. Re: Popularity rating for Tanjung Rhu

Hi there,

I never worry too much about the ratings as everything is down to personal choice. If you like it that is all that matters.

Have a great time.

Leigh

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 13
5. Re: Popularity rating for Tanjung Rhu

Hi, my family and I stayed at the Tanjung Rhu 27 - 30 December 2005, we booked the all inclusive package. It was excellent, I must have gained at least half a stone, the food is wonderful.

If you contact the hotel by email, they will send menus to you. I would advise doing this and pre-booking, again by email, the restaurants for your evenings. My children made good use of room service, everything was of a very high standard.

The only thing not included was alcohol, but the mocktails were great, you can even add a little alcohol yourself if you want.

The rooms were very spacious and were finished to a very high standard. They were cleaned as soon as you left on a morning, then checked again each evening.

I hope you enjoy your trip, we couldn't have asked for more.

edinburgh
6. Re: Popularity rating for Tanjung Rhu

Absolutely agree - we had a wonderful time at the Tanjung Rhu too and the all-inclusive option really is amazing value. The place is all about relaxation and I think going on the all-inclusive option adds to this feeling since you don't even think about money and how much things are costing. Great just to sign off on everything knowing it is all included. We tended not to eat away from the restaurants and just lazed about in the resort a LOT!!... however I am sure if you did decide to eat out a few times you would still be way better off on the all-inclusive option. Soooooooo envious you are heading there soon - have a great time and look forward to hearing your review when you get back.

england
7. Re: Popularity rating for Tanjung Rhu

Please can you let me know if you can snorkel from the beach of this hotel?

Thanks