We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stayed at Berigen Beach Resort?

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
reviews: 1
Stayed at Berigen Beach Resort?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated. I have planned a trip to Langkawi for xmas season, but the ONLY hotel available is the Berigen Beach Resort and I was wondering if anyone has stayed here, any advice, or comments to pass along, would seriously help us prepare. THANK YOU!!

Langkawi
1. Re: Stayed at Berigen Beach Resort?

Hi,

www.langkawi-insider.com has lots of information and photos of all hotels in Langkawi, including the Berjaya Beach Resort. I'm sure you'll find extra details to help plan your holiday.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 73
2. Re: Stayed at Berigen Beach Resort?

Hi

Do you actually mean the Berjaya Beach & Spa Hotel (?) If so, there are lots of posts on this website about this hotel and if you want any further info, please let me know - it's my home from home!

Lesley

Georgetown, Penang
3. Re: Stayed at Berigen Beach Resort?

Hi lacopela,

Are you sure you have the right name ...Berigen Beach Resort... I've never heard of it before....Is it definately in Langkawi ?.

UK
4. Re: Stayed at Berigen Beach Resort?

Robelyn15

It is near the Sheraton Perdana. I have seen it but not checked it out closely. It is small with little chalets (a/c)on a small private beach if I remember correctly.

The Footprint guide recommends it.

Georgetown, Penang
5. Re: Stayed at Berigen Beach Resort?

Thanks fenman,

Now I know why I have never seen this place, I normally stay on the west or north of Langkawi. I will take a look next visit.

Langkawi
6. Re: Stayed at Berigen Beach Resort?

Hi there,

The actual name of the resort is "Beringin Beach Resort". As mentioned it is located next to Sheraton Perdana. Previously a fishing village.Very secluded and quiet. The beach is relatively small in size but as you walk towards the right end of the beach, you will have a close encounter with mangrove trees. See for yourself thousands of roots emerging from the sand where there is no water. Besides, there are lots of monkeys around that area.

Nevertheless, it is still not a happening resort and road leading to the resort could be quite dark at night.

Whatever it is, you will still be lucky if you could find a place to stay during Xmas.

Cheers

Canada
7. Re: Stayed at Berigen Beach Resort?

thank you so much everyone for responding to my post . .my friends and I were having a hard time finding out about this resort, which was a little scary! BUT thanks to everyone for their helpful responses, at least it really does exist, lol. I will be sure to update trip advisor upon my return for the next person who stays at Beringen resort. Cheers

Canada
8. Re: Stayed at Berigen Beach Resort?

Ok, back from a week in Malaysia and stayed at the Beringin Beach Resort. We were looking for a local relaxing experience and we got it. The resort is made up of tiny tiny beach cabins that arent ventilated and have mold spours on the roof as a result. The beach is very small and private. No one but my friends and I were at the resort which was good and bad. Meals were limited to local traditional and brekfast was cold eggs and toast. Nothing luxerious about this resort at all. However despite all this my friends and I had an AMAZING time, we made the best of it. We made friends with the million monkeys at the resort and had private BBQ beach dinners, were as loud as we wanted to be and had full run of the resort. The Sheraton was a stone throw away so we used their pool and facilities. We explored the island alot and kept busy with organized tours and island hopping trips. We were very rarely even at the resort anyways. I would not reccommend this resort to families or young people trying to meet people. It was fun for a group of friends to hang out with for super cheap! Also there is a man who lives on the beach named Zan, in a small hut, he will accomadate anything you need, tours, boats, food, he's awesome! Hope this helps anyone whos looking for info!

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi