We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at the Berjaya...

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London UK
Rooms at the Berjaya...

Hi,

We've got a delux room at the berjaya...and i've asked for one of the rooms up in the trees with the monkeys etc.

however somebody told me that the seafront rooms are much better...is there a big difference? or not really.

thanks a lot

michael.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 62
1. Re: Rooms at the Berjaya...

Hi Michael

Me again!

Depends what sort of view you want.

The rooms are not exactly in the trees. The chalets are Malay style, which are built on stilts. Most are in the grounds where there are loads of trees/ plants/ jungle etc, etc, and this is usually where the monkeys come to feed - they have (or had last year) a regular path across the trees/ chalet roofs/ bushes, so one family were more or less feeding in the same area each morning and evening. A couple of new babies had been born so they were really cute and funny to watch playing with the other little ones. There was also a cheeky one who tried to get into peoples chalets because they have learned how to slide the veranda doors open!! They like nuts and crisps so beware!!

The chalets built over the water are the more expensive ones - you will have to pay extra for one of these these. They are still in a lovely landscaped area so perhaps the monkeys still take a trip down there, but obviously your main view from your veranda will be out over the water.

If you look on the Berjaya website you will see the different rates for the various chalets so you can budget accordingly and decide whether you want to upgrade further to one of the more expensive ones.

You can still take a walk around the grounds - very hilly but good exercise after lazing about on the beach - and in doing so you will hopefully see lots of the wildlife, certainly Hornbills, lizards and Eagles which were nesting in that area.

Hope this helps.

Lesley

London UK
2. Re: Rooms at the Berjaya...

that is a great help lesley - yes. thanks very much!

:)

Georgetown, Penang
reviews: 1
3. Re: Rooms at the Berjaya...

Hi Stimposs,

Lesleys advice is very good, but got to say if you book the accommodation that is out over the coast or at the far side (right) of the resort you'll have a fair walk back to the main building. They might have golf buggies to transfer you now, although I did not see any in may 2005.

If you want to be near the beach ask for a place thats not far from the lobby lounge, the pool is right next to this also.

The seafront rooms are just a bit larger and slightly more private, as Lesley said, have a look around and if you want to upgrade you can do it when you've checked the resort out.

I doubt you'll be dissapointe. Take a walk up to the Seashell Bar further along the beach.