We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaria pills

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
reviews: 1
Malaria pills

Has anyone got any advice on whether we should take malaria pills before our holiday to Langkawi ? What's the best (ie with least side effects) as I hear the pills can make you feel sick.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
reviews: 73
1. Re: Malaria pills

Hi

If you look on this site there are several posts regarding Malaria tablets. Apparently they are not needed for Langkawi - just a good mozzie spray.

If you really feel that you need to take malaria tablets, best to have a word with your local chemist who will advise on the type to take and the ones with the least side effects, which are specific for that area.

Lesley

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Malaria pills

Hi, no malaria in Malaysia, just occasional dengue...but don't worry, just ensure you have lots of repellent if you intend to enter such areas as forests/ nature reserves. We locals seldom worry about such things because even dengue is not exactly widespread.

Cornwall, UK
reviews: 7
3. Re: Malaria pills

Hi I did take malaria tablets for my trip in May 05. I took Malorone the most expensive (1 tablet - £2) but only needed to take one a day, 2 days before trip, 14 for the stay and 7 days on my return (23 in total). I had no side effects. There are cheaper tablets (30p - each) but these need to be taken for longer.

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi