We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a little bit worried!

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thessaloniki, Greece
a little bit worried!

hi! mt wife and i are going to langkawi in the beggining of august for 7 nights and we are going to stay at sheraton perdana.is it a good hotel?what can we do on the island?is it a safe place to walk around etc.what about the weather?thanks.

Kuching
reviews: 7
1. Re: a little bit worried!

Langkawi is VERY safe. One of the safest beach destinations in S.E. asia in my opinion. Very low crime, not many weapons, and the island is fairly prosperous and low population. You can go to any part of the island at any time of night and be safe.

The Sheraton is a good hotel but there are a few others with better beaches and amenities. But if you got a good rate its certainly a wonderful place to stay.

Thessaloniki, Greece
2. Re: a little bit worried!

hi new 22003!thanks for the reply.I am looking forward to this journey.bye

West Yorkshire...
3. Re: a little bit worried!

Hi there,

I am going in two days. The island is very safe. My daughter is going to work there. I would not be happy about her staying there if it wasn't safe.

Weather in August usually hot but can have sudden heavy showers then it is hot again,

Not stayed there but called in for drinks it seemed good and has good reputation so have a good time.

Leigh

Thessaloniki, Greece
4. Re: a little bit worried!

thanks.

reviews: 7
5. Re: a little bit worried!

Although I stayed at Pelangi Beach, we did pass by the Sheraton and it looked really nice.

There is a lot to do on the island- make sure you go up the cable car on a clear day, and the mangrove tour is definitely worth doing.

We've just got back from 2 weeks on Langkawi and the weather is really lovely. We had one day where it was overcast, and one afternoon of rain and the rest of the time it was sunny and very hot. To be honest, the rain is a welcome relief from the hot weather!

Have a great time.

Thessaloniki, Greece
6. Re: a little bit worried!

thank you all for the information.we are leaving on sunday and we are anxious to get there!from all of the things you told me it seems that we are going to enjoy and enjoy and...enjoy!thanks again bye.

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi