We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

langkawi to penang

Which Langkawi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 4
langkawi to penang

is it possiable to go to penang from langkawi for a daytrip or longer required?also how long does the ferry take?

On the move !
reviews: 1
1. Re: langkawi to penang

Yes you can do this, but its really long winded. Boat from Kuah jetty to Kuala Kedah or Perlis, then taxi to Georgetown. The boats are hourly in each direction.

The alternative is from Langkawi to Penang direct, this would mean spending a night in Penang. First boat to Penang leaves around 1.30pm the boats back are early morning.

http://www.langkawi-ferry.com/schedule.html

On the move !
2. Re: langkawi to penang

Should also say, if your daughter does not like beach holidays you'd be better off going to Penang in the first place. There really is not that much to do on Langkawi.

Lots of places and things to see & do on Penang.

london
reviews: 4
3. Re: langkawi to penang

thanks albertcat,i will stay overnight in penang that should keep her busy for a couple of days could not change dest as already booked....daftman

On the move !
4. Re: langkawi to penang

daftman,

If you do manage to get to Penang for one night try to get along to Gurney Drive for the food hawkers (100yrds from MacDonalds), it really is the best on the island. The variety of foods is amazing, the quality is great and the prices are a bargain. I think your teenager (daughter) would enjoy this. 6.00 pm onwards.

Do go to Kek Lok Si Temple.

Check the timetable again, if you get the first boat out of Langkawi, and the last boat back, it only allows you about 14hrs in Penang and that will be mostly at the night, I think you need to spend two nights to do some sightseeing or it will be a wasted trip.

Its great to sit out on the boat deck if you get a nice sunny day.

Bangladesh
5. Re: langkawi to penang

What hotels are good in Panang? I will be visiting with my husband, mom, and 3 yr old son, so need something family-friendly. Any other suggestions on things to do in Panang? We are really interested in having a truly Asian cultural experience.

6. Re: langkawi to penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Langkawi