We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the The ZON Regency Hotel ?

Which Johor Bahru hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
india
reviews: 2
How is the The ZON Regency Hotel ?

Anyone recommend this hotel? How are the duty free shops there?

Is it close enought to the other malls? Easy to get a taxi to the other malls from there? Approx how much would it cost (taxi) to go from Zon to Pelangi/Holiday Plaza?

I plan to take a bus from Spore. Should I get to Larkin then take taxi to Zon or do I get off at the causeway and find a taxi there? Approx taxi fares?

Thanks. Any help much appreciated.

Melbourne
reviews: 60
1. Re: How is the The ZON Regency Hotel ?

Going back about 18 months we stayed in JB and considered this hotel but were recommended against it on this very forum. We wandered over to check it out, and I clearly remember saying how lucky we'd been (we stayed at the Hyatt), lack of value for money and As Seen On TV type gym equipment. Of course, this may have changed now. It's close enough to everything if you don't mind a walk, or a short taxi or bus trip, good cheap eats on food stalls just outside, and of course taxi and bus services everywhere in JB. I'd get off at the causeway - from memory it isn't too much of a walk (but we'd had a bit to drink by the time we got there). Can't remember the duty free shops being outstanding, all we bought were a couple of cans of beer (hic!). There are better places to stay, I'm just looking for something at the moment as we arrive Christmas Day.

Taxi was MR5 anywhere in JB town, extra if you have a suitcase but petrol prices have gone up so it could be double - would love to know current price in advance myself.

Hope this helps

india
reviews: 2
2. Re: How is the The ZON Regency Hotel ?

Thanks Swanygirlie for replying. Will check out the other hotels too now. Had kinda zeroed in on Zon but will have another look at whats available. Cheers n have a very Hic-ful Xmas :)

Malaysian, working...
3. Re: How is the The ZON Regency Hotel ?

Hi, Swanygirlie

The latest taxi fee within JB town area has arised to RM 7. You may try your luck to bargain :-) Please remember, before you step into any taxi, ask the fee of the trip.

4. Re: How is the The ZON Regency Hotel ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, August 17, 2009