We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dewan Mawar

Which Johor Bahru hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 38
Dewan Mawar

I have to go to "Dewan Mawar" on Jalan Sungai Chat.

How far is it from the causeway immigration check point and roughly how much would it cost to get there in a taxi (from the check point) on a Saturday evening?

Will I be able to easily find a taxi to get back from the place to the immigration check point around 10pm at night.?

Thanks for all the responses.

Johor Bahru...
reviews: 40
1. Re: Dewan Mawar

Dewan Mawar is located in the 'same row' as Thistle hotel behind Dataran Bandaraya about 4 km from CIQ. Metered taxi should be around RM 7. Occasional taxis ply the Sungai Chat road or else get JB radio cab number or the Dewan Mawar staff can heip, :-)

Singapore
2. Re: Dewan Mawar

Is it generally easy to get a JB radio taxi around 10pm on a Saturday night? The reason I am asking this question is that in Singapore, it is sometimes not easy to 'call' a taxi, especially on weekend evenings, either its difficult to get the phone call through or after being put on long hold, we are told that there's no cab available. Is such a thing highly likely in JB too?

Johor Bahru...
3. Re: Dewan Mawar

Well my friend uses the radio taxi often and says generally its reliable and she even memorise the numbers, 07-2388340 (kereta radio teksi), and another co 07-3515151. You have to pay extra RM 3 besides meter rates. Also get the mobile no of the eveninig taxi that sent you there if he's willing to come and pick you.

Singapore
4. Re: Dewan Mawar

I would like to give my brief feedback on my visit to JB this weekend. I took SBS route 170 from Kranji, Singapore. The traffic at causeway and the time required for immigration clearance was pretty good. I was particularly impressed by the CIQ complex in JB. Its huge and has plenty of immigration counters so the waiting time was very short indeed. Also, the CIQ complex is now linked seamlessly with the new JB Sentral. My last use ot the causeway route was over 10 years back when I had to catch a train from JB Sentral. I remember the hard time having to make my way trhough the maddening traffic and cross over from the immgration to the train station with all the luggage. Its now become very simple!

Hisham, thanks for the radio taxi numbers. I had carried several radio taxi numbers. Although finding a taxi at night was not very easy, I did manage to get one from one of the numbers that you gave.

Johor Bahru...
5. Re: Dewan Mawar

Rahul, glad that you had a good experience at the CIQ complex and the new JB Sentral and smoother journey to your destination and back.

Edited: 12:25 am, October 29, 2012
6. Re: Dewan Mawar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 06, 2013