We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sibu island

Which Johor Bahru hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
johor bahru
Sibu island

hey

i am currently in malaysia, wanting to know, what i can do for the end of november, i finish up here in 3 days and i know i have left it late but i would love to get a relaxing, beach holiday in first before i go home, for december.

any suggestions ?

friends have said that sibu island is a good place for relaxing, with a beautiful beaches and nice weather?

and have suggested stay at sea gypsy? can anyone let me know what to expect?

singapore
1. Re: Sibu island

i was there, last november,

sibu island is great, beautiful scenery, peaceful, i deffinatly think sea gypsy would be the place to stay, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the food was great, and the bar was alot of fun,i'm a keen diver and was impressed with dans nasty dive base, which was extremely well run i was there in late November the visibility was fantastic, the dive guys said that there is usually always a few good days of brilliant vis just before the wind actually changes, couldnt have picked a better time to go.

also it is just so easy to get to the island from singapore or malaysia you can drive there, directions are on the sea gypsy website or the resort actually runs there own transport services including their own boats and buses

Malaysia
reviews: 15
2. Re: Sibu island

goto: http://ww.siburesort.com

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
reviews: 86
3. Re: Sibu island

Hi ,

Sibu island is great and not overdeveloped like Tioman.

I guess monsoon will not kick in late November in the southern east coast yet but it will be the end of season feel.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
reviews: 86
4. Re: Sibu island

Hi ,

Sibu island is great and not overdeveloped like Tioman.

I guess monsoon will not kick in late November in the southern east coast yet but it will be the end of season feel.

London, United...
5. Re: Sibu island

The most beautiful Sibu is Cebu, thats the real thing !

johor bahru
6. Re: Sibu island

thanks everyone, just booked in at sea gypsy,

really looking forward to my holiday, ill let you know how it goes x

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
7. Re: Sibu island

Hi s0phie, you could not have chosen a better place for your well deserved relaxation, on the island of Sibu.

A very idyllic island, with things at its simplicity and reminding us how nature, not too over developed should be left as it is.

I still remembered my trip to Sibu island,many years ago, after a long wait for the ferry from the island to Tanjung Gemuk,and with the sun already high up, even before we reached the pier of our resort,and seeing the water was so inviting, we just dive into the water and swam the last few meters to the shore.

Nice place to do kayaking also.

Though, during my time, there was water rationing,and electricity(as distribution grid was not up-do not know if it is up already) was from gen-set, there was power shut down around mid-dawn-though of course, one has the ocean breeze.Am sure things would have improved already. This was 17 years ago.

8. Re: Sibu island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 13, 2009