We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JB Airport to Changi in less than 2 hrs

Which Johor Bahru hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta
reviews: 1
JB Airport to Changi in less than 2 hrs

Hi,

Is it possible to get to Changi from JB Airport in less than 2 hrs? My flight arrives in JB at 17.55 on thursday nite. I have to catch a flight at 21.20 from Changi to KL.

1. If I take a taxi from the airport in JB, and go straight to Changi, will I make it in 1.30 hrs? Assuming I can clear Immigration and get my baggage by 18.30.

2. Does it cost RM 80+? Anyone know for sure the exact amount? 3. Will it be cheaper if I take taxi to Kotaraya and switch for another taxi there? Is it worth it?

4. Is it safe for I am a woman travelling alone?

I really appreciate your opinions on this matter. Thank You.

Paris, France
reviews: 17
1. Re: JB Airport to Changi in less than 2 hrs

Why not take a bus or a plane from JB to KL directly instead of going into Singapore? Its quite impossible to do it within 2 hours, you might have delays, you might be stuck in a traffic jam between Senai and JB, you will encounter long queues at the immigration (if you take the cab, you won't have to go up, just drive through the immigration booths), and you need to travel between Woodlands and Changi (another 45 minutes). Switching cabs consume more time.

Take Airasia or Malaysian Airlines to KL or just a bus.

Johor Bahru...
2. Re: JB Airport to Changi in less than 2 hrs

It Is possible to get to changi airport in 2 hours - BUT the times of your flights make it very risky for the flight from Spore to KL should there be any sort of delay for the flight to JB, u will be sure to miss the flight to KL from Changi

Is much better to catch a flight to KL directly from Senai Airport, there are many flights daily, both MAS and Air Asia

Jakarta
reviews: 1
3. Re: JB Airport to Changi in less than 2 hrs

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your opinions. I was thinking of flying to KL directly as well. Problem is, I have to pick up my paper ticket at Changi. I am flying with MAS from SG to Rome. I thought that I have purchased an e-ticket thru their web, but it is actually paper ticket. But I will try contact them and see what they can do. Have anybody encounter the same problem as mine before? Can I actually skip that "picking up paper ticket" in SG?

However, I am now sure that I should not take that risk, rushing from JB to Changi.

Again, Thanks guys.

Paris, France
reviews: 17
4. Re: JB Airport to Changi in less than 2 hrs

MAS will fly Singapore - KL - Rome.

Ask them if you can cancel the first leg of the journey and just take the KL - Rome one. You can pick the ticket up from KL and fly to Rome from KL.

SG
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 3
5. Re: JB Airport to Changi in less than 2 hrs

Frankly, My opinion is, its not possible to be on time. Why, you may assume by just calculationg travelling time. However, you have to take into consideration about taxi from Senai to JB and JB into SG.

You see, only authorise taxi operators are permitted to take you into SG., and you have to take your taxi at JB taxi interchange. That means you have to take a taxi from Senai to JB. Then switch to one that can bring you across the causeway into SG Queen's street taxi station. From there, you take another taxi to Changi airport. Can you imagine how tedious and the trouble you have to go through?.

Alternatively, if you can contact someone from SG Taxi service to bring you across to SG from JB taxi interchange. That way, you only need to travel from Senai to JB and from JB straight to Changi airport. Otherwise, you are going to miss you flight. by the way, 1.5 hrs is near impossible to me as the chances of missing your flight is very high. Not forgetting travelling time taken from Senai to JB, custom clearing and then travel to Changi and some time wasting here and there.... you can try but I won't do such a thing uinless you won't mind missing your flight and extending your stay

6. Re: JB Airport to Changi in less than 2 hrs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, September 12, 2009