We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bantyre/Oct or Nov

Which Blantyre hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
surrey
reviews: 26
Bantyre/Oct or Nov

I am planning on going to Malawi in oct or Nov.

i can either have the middle 2weeks of oct off or the middle 2weeks of November i dont know which will be better ??

I dont mind a bit of rain as long as its not constant.

Also I am having a mare organising flights its all so confusing.What I want is to fly LHR tem 5 as live next to it to Capetown then spend 3days in Capetown(friend travelling with his dad works out there)then fly direct Capetown to Blantyre and spend 8days there.

It seems impossible you have to go Ct to Jbg then jbg to Blantyre it takes forever.

We want to go via capetown and not jbg or addis or nairobi as his dad is out there but if it really was impossible we may consider alternatives.

also as boyfriends step father works Ba its best us to use Ba as we get discount on flights and they go from term5 too,any thoughts appeciated

Sheffield, United...
1. Re: Bantyre/Oct or Nov

Hi, short answer is there are no flights Cape to Blantyre. Only route Cape to Blantyre is from Joburgh with either SA airways or Air Malawi. Cape to Joburgh can be with Kuala Air, which is part of BA Comair, so you may be able to use the BA contact to get a better fare on that leg also.

As to time, Oct will get the best weather, Blantyre is high up , so rains come there first, Mid Nov is likely to be cloudy and wet, Mid Oct is likely to be hot and dry, with possibly occasiomal showers. Whevever I've been in Blantyre in Nov its been cloudy. Unfortunately with global warming effect the seasons are not as predictable as they used to be. Was a time you could almost set your calender by the start of the rains, but now these are becoming very variable as to timing and quantity.

Ivan

Sheffield, United...
2. Re: Bantyre/Oct or Nov

Sorry correction Its KULULA AIR not a little cuddly Aussie bear!!

Ivan

surrey
reviews: 26
3. Re: Bantyre/Oct or Nov

Thankyou I will do some more investigating.

Friend just moved into a shared house this week with 2others ,she has 2guards and a maid which apparentley is normal .

Oh and a cooker too which works so she is happy

:)

Sheffield, United...
4. Re: Bantyre/Oct or Nov

Hi, yes, perfectly normal to have guards and a house Boy/girl, its expected. For many Malawians the only chance they have of a job is to be employed in this way, this is why we have a staff of 8/9 at the lake house, dont need them all, but it gives some employment to people who otherwise would have to resort to begging (or starving). The Malawi people are a proud people, and they would rather do something for money than just be given it

Ivan

5. Re: Bantyre/Oct or Nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, October 22, 2009