We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diego and nosy-be

Which Antsiranana (Diego Suarez) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
rwanda
diego and nosy-be

travelling with 3 children under age of 8 to north, diego and nosy be. 11 days in this area. is it too much? what can we plan to see and do?

any advice of hotels?

appreciate any advice. thanks

1. Re: diego and nosy-be

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:29 am, July 12, 2010
2. Re: diego and nosy-be

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:00 am, July 12, 2010
Tzaneen, South...
reviews: 11
3. Re: diego and nosy-be

Hey

I just came back from a trip in the north of Mada - Nosy be, Diego Suarez and the 2 parks on the way - Amber Mountain and Ankarana, and can only vouch for these...

Had an amazing time on the main island. Diego is a gem - try and visit Ramena beach - beautiful water, lots of water sports to do in the area.

The Amber Mountain park is great to visit - our Guide Antonio was VERY helpful and knowledgable - . solotianaantonio@ymail.com

or solotiana2antonio@ymail.com or you can phone him 0325133754 or 03207-551-90. He will also be able to guide you in Ankarana. He organised us some transport and even carried some THB (Three horses beer) to our campsite! A GREAT guy.

Ankarana is a wonderful site to see and also a UNESCO world heritage site.

Traveling on the main island was a nightmare - taxis are filled to more than capacity (maximum 22 people in a 16 seater) - but in the end it is ALL worth it!

Nosy be and surrounding islands are amazing. We did a dhow trip from island to island, slept in bungalows on beaches, snokeled (with turtles) some of the most amazing reefs and even had a lemur eat banana out of my hand! Go to jenman island safaris if you need more info on this trip.

Hope you enjoy madagascar!

Travelling with children should not be a problem - it is very safe in Madagascar. If you would like, I can send you the info of places where we stayed and I can recommend.

Regards

rwanda
4. Re: diego and nosy-be

thanks for your helful message.

go ahead to advice hotels you liked, from the internet everything is always so nice...and expensive;

thanks for your advice, it's noted.

Tzaneen, South...
reviews: 11
5. Re: diego and nosy-be

Dear Ruth

I am busy uploading reviews on the hotels that we stayed in.

In Antananarivo: Le Manor Rouge.

Diego Suarez: Hotel Le Arcades

In Mount Ambre we stayed in their camping area (take along warm sleeping bags - sleeping outside can get cold...)

In Ankarana we stayed in Mahamasina (the small village on the eastern border of the park in a "lodge". I can not remember the places name, but it is right next to the Angap offices. You get a clean room, great food and a shower - believe me you will need it!

In Nosy Be we Stayed in Hotel le Plantation and Amborana lodge (still busy writing the review).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Theo

Antananarivo
reviews: 2
6. Re: diego and nosy-be

Hi RuthRwanda,

The North of Madagascar will certainly impress you. Like Theodoris wrote, go visit the bayes around Diego, the two National parks: Mountain d'Ambre and Tsingy d'Ankarana. After the two parks you can enjoy some relaxing days on Nosy Be. A beautifull tropical island on the North/Westside.

As you are traveling with small children I would strongly advise to hire a car instead of public transportation. It's a hassle, as also prescribed by Theodoris.

If you need any more help, please, ask on the forum or write me an email if you have more personal questions about your trip. I live in the capital of Mdagascar and be happy to give advise.

Greetings,

Wendy

7. Re: diego and nosy-be

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 13, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Antsiranana (Diego...
More Antsiranana (Diego Suarez) Topics