We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go on the coast?

Which Malindi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
Where to go on the coast?

Hi - not sure this is the right forum. I have 5 nights to visit the coast in Kenya and want to drive from Mombasa. With my husband and two kids. I want somewhere quiet with beautiful beaches and some simple beach restaurants. Any suggestions?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 11
1. Re: Where to go on the coast?

Head off to Diani. Plenty of holels to choose from. As well as Self Catering cottages. + Shops, Bars, restaurants,etc,etc..

Lamu Island, Kenya
reviews: 41
2. Re: Where to go on the coast?

On the internet I read about Vipingo Beach (south of Kilifi). Should be a nice beach, only a few private houses to stay. I didn't go there yet but will visit soon. On the other side of the road there's the Vipingo Ridge with the golf course (also accommodation).

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 52
3. Re: Where to go on the coast?

Giriama,

You don't mean the Vipingo Ridge Beach Club do you? If so it's a private beach club for Vipingo Ridge residents, members and their guests

Lamu Island, Kenya
reviews: 41
4. Re: Where to go on the coast?

No, a few months ago I checked the internet and I found a few private houses to rent on/close to the beach. Maybe the following one might be ok coz it's one of the smaller houses (sleeps 4 people): kenyaholidaylets.com/vipingo/vipingo-beach-c…

5. Re: Where to go on the coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 15, 2014