We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Which Malindi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 5
Currency

Can anyone give me some guidance on what would be the best currency to take to Kenya. Do i pay for the visa in dollars or sterling? what would be the best to get for day to day spends? Any help much appreciated.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Currency

check on this previous …tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294210-i9512-k60…

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 16
2. Re: Currency

We take Sterling and change it on arrival at either a local forex or if time is pressing at the bank at the airport. You get a better rate in Kenya than the UK but don't use the hotel facilities as their rates are poor. Also take your .ATM card. Do advise your bank that you will be using it in Kenya to avoid a red face at the till!

The entry visa can be paid in dollars, sterling, euros and Swiss francs. Occasionally in the past they move the goalposts and say only dollars so we tend to be prepared and have some newish dollar bills to hand. Duty free is also marked up in dollars so handy for that. They will convert prices to sterling but apply a lousy exchange rate.

3. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 10, 2014