We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

orphanage

Which Malindi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
orphanage

anyone know of any orphanages near diani beach?

Manchester, United...
reviews: 70
11. Re: orphanage

Hi Val

I understand your reservations but often very genuine and compassionate people do get in contact via TA, FB, Twitter etc, I cannot vouch for every project but most of the schools & homes promoted on TA visitors are made welcome but are never left alone with the children as I am sure they would not want to be.

Also volunteers coming to projects are only accepted after references are checked and if possible CRB checks or the equivalent from whatever countries they come from.

Also TA is a great forum for highlighting cases where homes are only setup as a means to extract money from unsuspecting tourists in order to enhance their own family life.

I know of many projects that only remain operating because of the generosity of people who have been recommended to visit them by TA and I also know of projects that the tour reps openly promote for "kitu kodgo".

In all walks of life there are unscrupulous people who are only interested in themselves not the wellbeing of the children.

Edited: 1:02 pm, June 28, 2012
manchester, United...
reviews: 44
12. Re: orphanage

Its the ones who are overly interested in the wellbeing of the children that worry me Mary......

I do know that most people are well-meaning and have the best of intentions and in the years that I've been involved we have only had one very dubious character (and a couple of vaguely iffy ones). some of the children needed counselling after his visit. And this was a man who had been referred by his church,,,,,,,,

13. Re: orphanage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Malindi