We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

orphanage

Which Malindi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
orphanage

anyone know of any orphanages near diani beach?

1. Re: orphanage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:47 am, August 04, 2011
Edited: 6:47 am, August 04, 2011
Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kikambala
reviews: 6
2. Re: orphanage

I think you might get replies if you post this on the Diani forum or just the Kenya forum.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 50
3. Re: orphanage

Hi,

(Malindi is around 100 miles from Diani) As Hazda suggests ask on the Diani Forum, where there are a couple of regulars who support orphanages in the area

Also on the Diani Forum (and other Mombasa Forum pages) you will find this FAQ about visiting orphanages, which includes details of a couple of them near Diani.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g294210-c134323/Mom…

edinburgh
reviews: 106
4. Re: orphanage

Footprints is an orphanage in the Shimba Hills near Diani.

It is a registered charity both in Kenya and the UK.

www.footprints.com

or kevincurtis@footprints.com in the Uk

Edited: 9:28 am, August 04, 2011
Stafford
5. Re: orphanage

We have just returned from Footprints orphanage in shimba hills kenya.

Anyone who is visiting Kenya it is a must to visit. Kerry Watson is the founder of this wonderful place. You can have an overnight stay there and interact with Kerrys african family.

The web adress is www.footprintsorphanage.com

Get in touch and go. You wont regret it.

manchester, United...
reviews: 46
6. Re: orphanage

Promoting orphanages on a public forum scares the life out of me...........

Telford, Shropshire
reviews: 66
7. Re: orphanage

Hi Val

Why?

manchester, United...
8. Re: orphanage

Hi Min - because, sadly, people who want access to children for dubious reasons will often target vulnerable children - including orphans and orphanages. We've had a couple of very uncomfortable experiences at the orphanage I support and it has left us probably a little over-cautious.

Don't get me wrong - most visitors and volunteers have the very best of intentions but even the odd dodgy one can do a lot of damage.....

Telford, Shropshire
reviews: 66
9. Re: orphanage

Hi Val - I understand now, what a shame we have to think about dreadful things like that. The way of the World I'm afraid.

So, the preferred option would be to direct them to FAQ's rather than directly promote an orphanage. It's difficult because we want the places we support to have access to donations from visitors.

manchester, United...
10. Re: orphanage

It is difficult for sure............

I don't really know what the answer is. I'm just very very cautious. Not just with TA but also sites like facebook.

Its very sad but I've learned that its the safest way.

Get answers to your questions about Malindi