We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry schedule to Kerama Islands

Which Okinawa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jax
reviews: 92
ferry schedule to Kerama Islands

Does anyone know the link for the site that has the ferry schedules for the Kerama islands?

I am interested in Zamami, Aka, or Tokashiki.

Also, Should we ferry our car across for the day so we can have full access to whichever island we end up going to? Or do they rent mopeds at the ports?

If anyone has any advice on which of the above islands we should visit it would be appreciated. They all look lovely with beautiful beaches, and that is just what we are looking for. We would also like great snorkeling. We have 3 teenage sons.

Thanks

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 27
1. Re: ferry schedule to Kerama Islands

http://www.shimanavi.com/special/kerama.html

Click on the right hand boxes for the various islands. On each island page, under "Main Contents", the 2nd box down on the left is for "access", including ferry schedule.

The URLs of those boxes are clearly indicative of what they lead to.

English schedule sites (incomplete information) you can easily google search.

Honolulu, Hawaii
reviews: 123
2. Re: ferry schedule to Kerama Islands

additional for above link(the link is most useful i think.).click island name where you like to go:

渡嘉敷島(とかしきじま)-Tokashiki island

座間味島(ざまみじま)-Zamami island

阿嘉島(あかじま)-Aka island

Tokashiki is nearest from main Okinawa island, takes 30 minutes. three of those islands are all nice and beautiful. as frequency of ferry and size of island, I might choose Tokashiki. But if I love any hidaway(isolated and lovely), might choose Aka.

jax
3. Re: ferry schedule to Kerama Islands

Thank you for that information.

It is hard to understand the ferry schedule for the islands when I translate the pages.

Can you tell me if it would be a good idea to ferry my car to one of the islands? That way we could see more than just the beach.

Can we ferry the car to each of these islands?

Is there an english web site for the ferrys?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
4. Re: ferry schedule to Kerama Islands

Google search "kerama ferry"

jax
5. Re: ferry schedule to Kerama Islands

I did that and found the ferry schedule for Tokishima. Do you know if there is an english site with the ferry schedule for Zamami and Aka or am I just missing something on that site?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
6. Re: ferry schedule to Kerama Islands

Just located this one. (top right, bilingual)

http://www.vill.zamami.okinawa.jp/

7. Re: ferry schedule to Kerama Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, October 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Okinawa