We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Okinawa/Miyako/Ishigaki

Which Okinawa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, CA
Where to stay in Okinawa/Miyako/Ishigaki

Hi there,

I'm planning a trip with my father to Japan in May for two weeks. Though we're flying into Osaka May 1, I'm thinking that it would be nice to start our trip with a relaxing beach destination like Okinawa to get over jet lag and soak up the sun for a few days. I can get a flight straight from Osaka into Okinawa, Miyako or Ishigaki with ANA's Japan air pass. I'm wondering which is the best destination for us. I'd like a place that has beautiful beaches, some development but not too much, snorkeling and nice accommodations. Any island and/or specific hotel recommendations? We're not planning on a lot of sight-seeing once we're there, so I'd prefer not to have to rent a car. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Tokyo
reviews: 6
1. Re: Where to stay in Okinawa/Miyako/Ishigaki

Hello Laurie.

From April 29th to May 6th is a long holiday in Japan and all the hotel price and flight price will go up extreamly high. It is also a season everybody wants to travel so I'd recommend to book hotels beforehands.

Miyako or Ishigaki...

They are both beautiful islands and has many gorgeous beaches.

Check this website. They has many island information.

okinawa-information.com/transport/taxi_airpo…

Tokyo
reviews: 6
2. Re: Where to stay in Okinawa/Miyako/Ishigaki

sorry it was here.

Ishigaki Island

okinawa-information.com/ishigaki/ishigakijim…

Miyako Island

okinawa-information.com/miyakojima/miyako_ji…

3. Re: Where to stay in Okinawa/Miyako/Ishigaki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, October 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Okinawa