We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling to okinawa

Which Okinawa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
indiana
traveling to okinawa

There are 6 of us planning on traveling to Okinawa to see our Marine son stationed there. The flights I found are reasonable but the hotels I have looked at for 7 of us to stay in 2 rooms are around $500 a night. Are there any deals I can find and I have also heard taxis are expensive. If anyone who has visited there could reply with any advise I would like to hear from them. Thanks!

canada
1. Re: traveling to okinawa

Try using a travel agent...booking online can only cause problems...especially when travelling to the unknown. Although you can find good deals online using a travel agent could save you big bucks in the future....and a good agent will look into the information for you and be a wealth of information.

New York City, New...
2. Re: traveling to okinawa

Hi blknight,

I'm Japanese, now live in the US.

Okinawa is a vacation place, and hotel rates will be varied depending when/where to stay. It's hard to tell whether $500/2 rooms/night is a good deal or not. When are you guys planning to travel? If you are traveling during a high season, yours may be a pretty good deal. If you are traveling during a slow season, you may find a better deal.

Have you purchased airline tickets? If not, you may find a better deal if you look for a package. Also, there is an air plan in Japan which is called "Japan Domestic Airpass," run by JAL and ANA. It is for non-Japanese (or Japanese officially living outside of Japan) tourists, similar to Japan Rail Pass. Please check http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2364.html if you are interested in.

JAL provides "Welcome to Japan Fare," starting around 26,400 yen for a domestic round trip in Japan. If you fly to/from Japan by JAL, you can get it at 22,200 yen. Please go to "japanair.com/e/travelplan/yokoso_japan.php" for further information.

ANA provides "Visit Japan Fare" starting at 24,000 yen for a domestic round trip in Japan. If you fly to/from Japan by ANA, you can get it at 22,000 yen. Please check "anaskyweb.com/us/…airpass.html" for further information.

New York City, New...
3. Re: traveling to okinawa

Hi again,

If you can't find a good deal in Okinawa, I suggest you contact the following Japanese travel agencies:

JTB (http://www.jtbusa.com/enhome/)

NTA (http://www.ntasfb.com/)

HIS (http://www.his-usa.com/Branch/)

I use JTB & NTA to find good hotels, tours, packages in Japan. HIS is more specialized for discounted airline tickets. If you call them, they may answer the phone in Japanese, but don't worry! Just ask for an English speaking staff. Good luck!

Mooresville, North...
reviews: 1
4. Re: traveling to okinawa

Check out the Grand Mer Hotel. Its new.. and caters to the military.. GO to there web site..

california
5. Re: traveling to okinawa

depending on the length of your stay, a rental car can provide unlimited mobility and freedom from not speaking the language. go to AAA for help and an international driver's license either way... it acts as an acceptable form of I.D. and only cost 8-10 dollars, depending on whether you are a member or not. HOTEL GRAND MER for sure!!!

Okinawa Japan
6. Re: traveling to okinawa

Saw your message-my husband and I are stationed here in Okinawa --he is a marine as well. When are you planning to come?? I would love to help you find a place maybe near his base or some of you are welcome to stay here in our home so you can visit your son.

Sincerely

Tanya Saroka

Okinawa Japan
7. Re: traveling to okinawa

my husband and I are stationed here in Okinawa- I woul dlike to help you find a place close to where your son is stationed or you are welcome to stay here with our family so you can visit your son. When are you planning on coming??

Please let me know if you need any assistance.

I have placed my email below if you wish to contact me.

Sincerely

Tanya Saroka

newpoland@sunny-net.ne.jp

North Carolina
8. Re: traveling to okinawa

Wait, do not stay in a hotel, the base has lodging, have your son make the arrangements and you can stay there for the military rate!!!!!!!!!!!

Kadena AB, Okinawa
9. Re: traveling to okinawa

You should check with your son about staying at the TLF on his base or any of the bases on island...they're usually about 40.00 a night regardless of how many people you have. If he's a marine you qualify to stay at the TLF...temporary lodging facility...I'm stationed on Kadena AB with my husband...just thought i'd let you know...hope it works out..

Okinawa, Japan
10. Re: traveling to okinawa

I'm a Marine station ed on Okinawa. Hav eyour son contact the various temporary lodging facilities on the bases. There are numerous that may be available during your stay. Such places include, West Pac Inn, Hershey Inn.

Paul