We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ishigaki in September

Which Ishigaki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 19
Ishigaki in September

My husband and I are debating whether or not to go to Yaeyama-Shoto in September. Our base will be Ishigaki. We understand that it most likely will be cloudy, but does it rain daily? What are the odds of a little sun in mid september? Also, we love hiking and were wondering if the rain is heavy enough to close hiking trails on the islands or at least make then unwalkable? Thanks for any advice.

Okinawa
1. Re: Ishigaki in September

Hi there,

I've spent quite a bit of time in Ishigaki and when it rains it rains. However, unless you're unlucky enough to get a Typhoon you should have plenty of good weather. It's a great place to visit. You'd love hiking through Iriomote island.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
2. Re: Ishigaki in September

The risk of typhoons is a bit higher in September. If you can postpone your trip until October, chances of good weather are better. The milder temperatures (mid to high 70's F) would be more suitable for hiking as well.

3. Re: Ishigaki in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Ishigaki