We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay Hakata or Tenjin

Which Fukuoka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 18
Stay Hakata or Tenjin

For easy access to Airport, City and day trips to Nagasaki & Onsen, which is a better place to stay? near hakata or Tenjin subway station?

14 replies to this topic
reviews: 19
1. Re: Stay Hakata or Tenjin

For access to intercity Japan Rail lines, Hakata is easier because it is the main train station. For the Fukuoka Airport, both Tenjin and Hakata are on the Kuko (airport) subway line, so both are equally easy for airport access, although Hakata is a few stops closer to the airport than Tenjin.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku
reviews: 26
2. Re: Stay Hakata or Tenjin

I agree. Staying near Hakata Station is best. What's your budget?

Singapore
3. Re: Stay Hakata or Tenjin

budget for hotel between USD100 to 150. I will need a hotel with a triple room coz we are party of 5.Is Hotel Monterey La Soeur or Hotel Nikko a better choice if within my budget? Another one will be Hotel Active harkata. Or are there more recoomendations?

Thought Tenjin has got more shopping? Will be more nearby (1-2 hr journey) day trips and may not get the Rail Pass.

Any good onsen within Fukuoka or nearby, preferably within an hour journey.

Thanks!

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku
reviews: 26
4. Re: Stay Hakata or Tenjin

I highly recommend the Hotel Nikko. It's an excellent hotel in a great location.

reviews: 19
5. Re: Stay Hakata or Tenjin

Tenjin may have more stores, but there are plenty of stores in Hakata.

There is a big new shopping mall inside the Hakata train station. In Hakata, there's an enormous Daiso 100-yen store on an upper floor of the bus station, which is across the street from the Hakata train station. About 10 blocks from Hakata station, there is the newly expanded Canal City shopping center, with big Uniqlo and Muji stores.

If you want to do more shopping, there's the Marinoa City outlet mall on the northwest side of the city.

The Comfort Hotel across from Hakata station has reasonable rates, but you'd probably need two rooms for your group. There are also Toyoko Inns near Hakata station.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 27
6. Re: Stay Hakata or Tenjin

>> Hotel Active harkata

It's a bit of a walk from the station. The windows are not see-thru, even though the view outside is unobstructed and pleasant. However the complimentary buffet breakfast is exceptional, better than many lunch buffets typically found in department store restaurants. Also stayed at Bizfort and Sunroute, both very close to station, Active offers the best value/comfort balance of the 3.

Edited: 3:22 pm, January 24, 2014
Singapore
7. Re: Stay Hakata or Tenjin

Thanks.

Nikko's weekend rates doubled weekday's!

Bizfort does not have triple room. Hotels at Tenjin are generally cheaper?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
8. Re: Stay Hakata or Tenjin

>> Hotels at Tenjin are generally cheaper?

No. main attraction at Hakata is the train station. Shopping/Restaurants at Tenjin are at least 5X as many.

Singapore
9. Re: Stay Hakata or Tenjin

Sorry I'm confused now. Does Hakata stn has more shopping and resturants or Tenjin stn? Are the underground shopping and canal shopping within walking distance from these two stns?

Comfort hotel good location but read from reviews that room a bit dated;

Nikko good but price on high side

Bizfort no triple room

Thus left with Active at Hakata

If Tenjin, wonder anyone can advise whether Hotel Monterey Lasoeur is good location?

Thank you.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
10. Re: Stay Hakata or Tenjin

Tenjin area has a lot more stores and restaurants than Hakata.

>> Are the underground shopping and canal shopping within walking distance from these two stns?

Please use google maps. I walked between Tenjin and Hakata (Canal City is half way) all the time. That doesn't mean it's walking distance for you. There is 100yen bus.

Edited: 11:53 am, January 25, 2014
Reply to: Stay Hakata or Tenjin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted