We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tsujiki Fish Market - Closed for Holidays

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tsujiki Fish Market - Closed for Holidays

Hi everyone,

Since I always gain tons of information every time I come to these forums, I think it's time I give back. I just learned from the concierge of the hotel we will be staying in that Tsujiki Fish Market will not be holding their regular tuna auction for the public from December 2 to January 19, 2014.

We were told that The market will be open for the public at 9AM as normal for a visit but the tuna auction will be closed to the public during the dates listed above.

As we were planning on attending the tuna auction, I figured there may be others out there who'd be trying to do the same.

Here's the website with more info, but it's in Japanese. …tokyo.jp/INET/…top

Thanks,

Bubbles

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 493
1. Re: Tsujiki Fish Market - Closed for Holidays

Extremely helpful post. We're heading to Tokyo for a month in three days and had planned to go to the tuna auction toward the end of our stay. We will now go early on.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 17
2. Re: Tsujiki Fish Market - Closed for Holidays

Will we still be able to eat at the restaurants ? If so would that be after 9 only?

3. Re: Tsujiki Fish Market - Closed for Holidays

I believe you can still eat at the restaurants. The only thing that's not open for the public is their tuna auctions which is usually held early in the morning from 5-6am.

We plan on still visiting the market while we are there, at 9AM, and eating at some of the sushi joints.

4. Re: Tsujiki Fish Market - Closed for Holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 15, 2014