We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samurai suits

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Samurai suits

Does anyone know of any good shops in Tokyo or Kyoto to buy samurai suits? It's my husband's dream to buy one and ship it home. He is also a retired firefighter that loves to go see fire stations wherever we go, Will it be difficult to communicate with the firefighters in Tokyo since we only speak English, if we are able to locate a firehouse.

1. Re: Samurai suits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:23 am, November 10, 2013
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku
reviews: 34
2. Re: Samurai suits

What exactly do you mean "Samurai Suits?"

San Jose, California
3. Re: Samurai suits

My husband is looking for an authentic samurai helmet and armour.

San Jose, California
4. Re: Samurai suits

Why was this post removed when there was no solicitation or self promoting. I asked a couple of questions regarding where I can find samuari suits to buy and whether japan firefighters in Tokyo speak any English so we could communicate with them. The little box about Kyoto was not on my original post. I am assuming that you put that in there. We aren't even staying in a hotel when we get to Japan so I wouldn't be promoting any hotel. I am curious as to what it was exactly that you objected to regarding my question for future reference.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku
reviews: 34
5. Re: Samurai suits

>>My husband is looking for an authentic samurai helmet and armour.<<

I think it will be extremely hard to find them. Most of them are in museums, I guess. A few private citizens might have them as family treasures, but it'll be almost impossible to find anything authentic for sale.

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
reviews: 1
6. Re: Samurai suits

You may like to use this as price references:

http://www.kinokuniya.tv/

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 43
7. Re: Samurai suits

We saw full armour and helmets for sale at the big Kyoto Antique Fair at the beginning of October, so I guess *something* is available. However, I don't know if they were "true" antiques or reproductions. I didn't inspect them all that closely, as armour is not the sort of thing that would fit in my suitcase! I did buy a lovely kimono though. :)

8. Re: Samurai suits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 14, 2014