We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Shinjuku Toei Station

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 42
Where is Shinjuku Toei Station

Hello, I have a couple of transport question

I have searched maps and can't seemed to find Shinjuku Toei Station, is it inside the Shinjuku JR Station somewhere?

I am trying to find direct route to Roppongi from Shinjuku, trying to get around Tokyo without transfers seems mostly impossible :(

Also can you buy a ticket to anywhere from any station or must you get the ticket from the station your leaving from.

I am also buying a limobus ticket at the airport when we arrive, is there any chance that the bus could be full?

last question can you buy a suica card from the ticket machines

Thank you for your help.

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 1
1. Re: Where is Shinjuku Toei Station

There is one underneath the Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku Hotel. The entrance is right next to it.

Yokohama
2. Re: Where is Shinjuku Toei Station

> is it inside the Shinjuku JR Station somewhere?

Yes, but Shinjuku is VERY big station, you may lost your way.

see this map for Toei Shinjuku station to Roppongi

http://goo.gl/maps/e0jxQ

> must you get the ticket from the station your leaving from.

mostly Yes, but if you buy SUICA card, you don't worry about buying commuter ticket.

> last question can you buy a suica card from the ticket machines

Yes at specific ticket machines, but you'd better but it at manned counter (Midori no Madoguchi).

> is there any chance that the bus could be full?

I've never seen the limobus from Narita is full. in case, th e bus is full, wait for next bus or take JR train to Shinjyuku.

Australia
3. Re: Where is Shinjuku Toei Station

Thank you both so much for your very helpfu replies,

Tokyo is a very confusing city to get around:)

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 1
4. Re: Where is Shinjuku Toei Station

I found this map book is very useful!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Tokyo-City-Atlas-Bilingual-Guide/dp/1568364458/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1378663944&sr=8-2&keywords=tokyo+city+map

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
reviews: 38
5. Re: Where is Shinjuku Toei Station

>>>I am trying to find direct route to Roppongi from Shinjuku, trying to get around Tokyo without transfers seems mostly impossible :(<<<

The subway you should take is the Toei Oedo Line (Toei means operated by Tokyo prefecture and the name of the subway line is Oedo.) Oedo Line Shinjuku Station is located at south of JR Shinjuku--see the link Hirano gave you.

>>>>I am also buying a limobus ticket at the airport when we arrive, is there any chance that the bus could be full?<<

Not likely but if it's full, the buses to Shinjuku run frequently so you don't have to wait long for the next one:

limousinebus.co.jp/en/…212

Don't forget to get the subway bus for practically free:

limousinebus.co.jp/discount_ticket/en/index.…

Australia
6. Re: Where is Shinjuku Toei Station

Thank you both for your helpful replys ;-)

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 3
7. Re: Where is Shinjuku Toei Station

At Shinjuku Station, follow the signs that say "Toei Shinjuku" or OEDO LINE and it will lead you to the right spot.

You could also enter through Keio Shinjuku station and follow the signs but this would be a bit confusng if you are not familiar with Keio station.

Follow the signs and ask people if you are lost, they will point you. "Oedo-Sen" (eg Oedo Line in Japanese).

FYI, if you pla on buying the a Suica card at Shinjuku, JR only sells Suica, Toei, and all other railway companies sell another card named PASMO.

Despite the name difference, the cards are essentailly the same and can be used on either network. (You can use Suica where you see Pasmo and Pasmo where you see Suica signs). There's pretty much no difference now, other than who issues the card and the logo on the front.

Australia
8. Re: Where is Shinjuku Toei Station

Thank you so much tokyosubway I think I am going to be lost alot:(

thank you for explaining the PASMO and Suica Cards

another question if you have to make a transfer on route, do you leave that station or are they on the same station,

Also looking at hyperdia their are trains that have the same destination and leave from the same station at the same time but have different stops or no stops along the way how do you know which one to get?

sorry really confused :)

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 3
9. Re: Where is Shinjuku Toei Station

If you have to make a transfer, just follow the signs, stations are well posted in English and Japanese. Each station is different, so just follow the transfer direction signs.

Generally speaking if it is within the same company then it is in the same "station" if it is between two different train companies, you need to exit the gates and re-enter gates or use transfer gates. Again, in "general", but just follow the signs and you won't have much trouble.

As for which train, just read the signs (written in English and Japanese) and follow the hyperdia directions to whichever train meets your requirements in time. Both trains listed on hyperdia will get you to your destination, it's just a matter of going a differet route. You just choose whatever works best for you.

Australia
10. Re: Where is Shinjuku Toei Station

Thank you again tokyosubway for explaining so clearly, we are very lucky that Japan uses english signs as well or we would be real trouble :))