We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

topless eatery?

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 18
topless eatery?

My apology if I offend but I must ask cause I've been to a few in San Jose and Montreal. Are there any coffee shop or eatery in Tokyo with topless or nude waitresses?

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 89
1. Re: topless eatery?

There should be somewhere, as there used to be even a No-panties Shabu Shabu used for negotiations between corrupt officials in the early 1990s. There was also a question which popped up I think in Summer about the existence of Nyotaimori nude serving sashimi restaurants.

In reality, Japan's sex-related industry is tightly restricted by several laws and unless you go to certain districts you won't see them. Even regulated >>red lights<< places aren't supposed to do what might be allowed in Canada or elsewhere, and the people get arrested once in a while when they are thought to have gone too far. I've never been or personally seen any coffee shops or eatery served by topless or nude waitresses and that's quite normal for an average sleazy Japanese male adult.

By the way, this forum is supposed to be family friendly, and there are men and women who don't like such topics being asked.

Edited: 7:33 am, December 09, 2012
Tokyo, Japan
2. Re: topless eatery?

From what I read, supposedly Japanese-related nude coffee shops / restaurants found overseas are in fact operated and performed by overwhelmingly non-Japanese disguising as Japanese (our very friendly neighbors). Yes, it might have its origin in Japan, but it's not something you find very common.

www.japantimes.co.jp/text/fs20091203a4.html

Edited: 7:40 am, December 09, 2012
Boston
reviews: 18
3. Re: topless eatery?

Thank you. Waiting for the delete from mod!:(

Tokyo, Japan
4. Re: topless eatery?

>>This subdivision of food play is originally an obscure Japanese practice not common in Japanese culture but that has attracted considerable international media attention<< (from Wikipedia)

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
5. Re: topless eatery?

I don't think you'll find this anywhere in Japan.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
6. Re: topless eatery?

What about health and safety :-))

Temecula, California
reviews: 6
7. Re: topless eatery?

When I saw the subject line my first thought was " won't I be cold ? " Oh wait your not talking about the client.

Aoyama Dori and San...
reviews: 25
8. Re: topless eatery?

Anything is available but it is part of a closed subculture that you would need very good Japanese skills and/or connections to get access.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 76
9. Re: topless eatery?

Some "establishments" have been more welcome to foreigners in recent years due to the struggling economy. Money talks so gaijins might be able to get in.

I do suggest you look for these things elsewhere on the internet. You will find plenty of dedicated sites that discuss this sort of topic.

Cape Town Central...
10. Re: topless eatery?

Actually, the San Jose resturant has pretty good food.