We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JR Train Souvenirs - Where Can I Get Them?

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 29
JR Train Souvenirs - Where Can I Get Them?

Konnichiwa everyone (:

Does anyone know where I am able to get JR train-themed souvenirs, like train models and JR logo keychains and stuffs? I'm really quite taken in by the train culture and would like to get myself a momento or 2 to remember it by(((:

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 90
1. Re: JR Train Souvenirs - Where Can I Get Them?

The railway museum in Omiya.

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: JR Train Souvenirs - Where Can I Get Them?

Thank you very much!!

San Marcos...
3. Re: JR Train Souvenirs - Where Can I Get Them?

There are a few shops in Akihabara that sell JR souvenirs. One shop had JR towels and key chains with individual Yamanote station names. Sorry, can't remember where exactly it was in Akiba. Pretty sure it was near Yodabashi Camera. Yodabashi might have JR stuff also. Look in the model section near the video games. Also remember a shop in Ueno had the stuff too. Got a keychain that played the song from Tokyo station.

Good luck!

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Japan
reviews: 15
4. Re: JR Train Souvenirs - Where Can I Get Them?

Many train stations have train souvenir shops with lots of great choices. Yokohama station, Tokyo station and other larger stations have specific shops just for train stuff, but in many, many mid-sized stations there are small sections in other misc. gift shops with displays of train souvenirs.

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 90
5. Re: JR Train Souvenirs - Where Can I Get Them?

Indeed, Newday kiosks in JR stations might have some toys. Model trains can be bought inside Yodobashi as well as hobby shop TAM-TAM in one of the buildings cornering the Suehirocho crossing in northern tip of Akihabara area.

Tokyo Station shops has some railway related souvenirs as well.

Having said that, the railway museum shop has probably the most variety of souvenir goods from models to mug cups. Omiya's Railway Museum is a great place and it's not so far away from Central Tokyo (30 minutes or so).

Coolum Beach...
reviews: 14
6. Re: JR Train Souvenirs - Where Can I Get Them?

We have found model trains available on the refreshment trolleys that come through on the longer distance trains.

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 3
7. Re: JR Train Souvenirs - Where Can I Get Them?

You can get Suica penguin themed items at Kiosk convience stores located in JR stations, in addition, Tokyu Hands shops in Tokyo (can be found in Shinjuku, Shibuya, and Ikebukuro) have JR and other rail related themed items, such as key chains, alarm clocks, and even cd's that play station melodies.

Aoyama Dori and San...
reviews: 26
8. Re: JR Train Souvenirs - Where Can I Get Them?

As stated, the Kiosks have a limited selection. Larger Yodobashi Camera stores have key fobs and other items in the toys and hobby area.

Singapore, Singapore
9. Re: JR Train Souvenirs - Where Can I Get Them?

Oh wow, I'm spoilt for choice!! Thank you very much guys - will probably head back to Akihabara for a spot of train souvenir shopping(((:

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 41
10. Re: JR Train Souvenirs - Where Can I Get Them?

I noticed a couple of weeks back that Kiddyland at Omotesando has some train merch in. There is also a shop next to the old fashioned amusement arcade at Decks in Odaiba that has a good selection of Yamanote line goods - like the musical key chains (I've got a Shinjuku one) and mugs, towels etc.