We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather very cold in Feb'13 - Inconvenience or difficulty???

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Weather very cold in Feb'13 - Inconvenience or difficulty???

if the weather on Feb'13 is very cold due very low temperature...

would be inconvenient to travel around especially to Disneyland?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
1. Re: Weather very cold in Feb'13 - Inconvenience or difficulty???

Welcome to TA.

What do mean by "inconvenient to travel"? The weather is usually sunny and dry. However, daylight hours are shorter. Weather information - http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2273.html

2. Re: Weather very cold in Feb'13 - Inconvenience or difficulty???

I mean Feb is under winter weather... so will be snow around n the snow cover the sight seeing n inconvenience to walk or travel (my 1st time to Tokyo}

thank for ur link

3. Re: Weather very cold in Feb'13 - Inconvenience or difficulty???

I mean Feb is under winter weather... so will be snow around n the snow cover the sight seeing n inconvenience to walk or travel (my 1st time to Tokyo}

thank for ur link

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
4. Re: Weather very cold in Feb'13 - Inconvenience or difficulty???

It does snow in Tokyo, but usually not much. The winters are overall quite mild.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 31
5. Re: Weather very cold in Feb'13 - Inconvenience or difficulty???

Jtpretty-over 12 million people live in the Tokyo area, and they manage to get around just fine in winter. There can be disruptionsl due to snow on rare occasions, but think about disruptions to travel in other places due to thunderstorms, heavy rain and similar.

Life goes on either way.

Wellington
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 6
6. Re: Weather very cold in Feb'13 - Inconvenience or difficulty???

It snowed when we visited. Not a problem.

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 2
7. Re: Weather very cold in Feb'13 - Inconvenience or difficulty???

In the Tokyo area and in Chiba (where Tokyo Disneyland is) it rarely snows, and if it does, we don't get much, maybe 2-4cm at most (my neighbor did build a snowman last year or the year before, but usually melts here in Tokyo in a matter of hours).

As to enjoying Tokyo Disneyland, I would guess it would be less crowded (based on my experience in the rain there maybe 7 years ago), but it hard to say depending on whether you go on a weekday or a weekend and whether you go near a Japanese holiday or special event day.

Edited: 11:22 am, October 29, 2012
8. Re: Weather very cold in Feb'13 - Inconvenience or difficulty???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 31, 2013