We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Fuji Day Tour - Is it worth it?

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
reviews: 1
Mt Fuji Day Tour - Is it worth it?

Hi All,

My husband and I are visiting Kyoto and Tokyo in June this year. We will be staying in Tokyo for 3 nights (around 2 and a half days for sight seeing). Is it worth doing the Mt Fuji day tour to go up to 5th station? I am wary as this is an all day thing, and I don't want to miss out on other sights with the litre time we have...

Thanks

16 replies to this topic
Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 103
11. Re: Mt Fuji Day Tour - Is it worth it?

HOW TO GET TO KAWAGUCHIKO (FUJI FIVE LAKES AREA) or MT FUJI FIFTH STATION then to

HAKONE VIA GOTEMBA (PREMIUM OUTLET)

Bus to Kawaguchiko: …fujikyu.co.jp/english/gettinghere/01.html

To the Fifth Station: http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/fuji.html

…fujikyu.co.jp/english/gettinghere/12.html

Kawaguchiko-Gotemba (-Mishima): translate.google.com/translate…

Gotemba-Hakone Bus Info: www.hakone-tozanbus.co.jp/english/index.html

Gotemba-Hakone Bus Timetable: hakone-tozanbus.co.jp/pdf/13223-002001.pdf

translate.google.com/translate…

Edited: 6:17 am, April 19, 2013
12. Re: Mt Fuji Day Tour - Is it worth it?

NON MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS:

AVOID FUJI 5th STATION AT ANY COST.

I understand the passion of mountain climbers who want to put a flag and climb the peak. For them its propably worth going. However, for the rest of us I STRONGLY ADVICE NOT WASTING TIME AND MONEY AND STAY IN TOKYO!

2 tickets to Japan: 2250 EUR

Hotel 6 nights: 500 EUR

2 Tickets to Fuji: 80 EUR

Other expenses:1000 EUR

------------////_____

Total: 3,830 EUR. Daily~ c.a 640 EUR

The day I LOST in Fuji therefore costs me 640 EUR... Plus my time-the lost day I could use for Tokyo sightseeing.

Take my advice AVOID FUJI AT ANY COST. THERE IS NOTHING THERE TO SEE. ITS UGLY, CROWDED AND HARD TO GET TO!

If under pressure by companion, pay him the trip but beg to be left alone you will save money and time.

13. Re: Mt Fuji Day Tour - Is it worth it?

NON MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS:

AVOID FUJI 5th STATION AT ANY COST.

I understand the passion of mountain climbers who want to put a flag and climb the peak. For them its propably worth going. However, for the rest of us I STRONGLY ADVICE NOT WASTING TIME AND MONEY AND STAY IN TOKYO!

2 tickets to Japan: 2250 EUR

Hotel 6 nights: 500 EUR

2 Tickets to Fuji: 80 EUR

Other expenses:1000 EUR

------------////_____

Total: 3,830 EUR. Daily~ c.a 640 EUR

The day I LOST in Fuji therefore costs me 640 EUR... Plus my time-the lost day I could use for Tokyo sightseeing.

Take my advice AVOID FUJI AT ANY COST. THERE IS NOTHING THERE TO SEE. ITS UGLY, CROWDED AND HARD TO GET TO!

If under pressure by companion, pay him the trip but beg to be left alone you will save money and time.

Boston
reviews: 18
14. Re: Mt Fuji Day Tour - Is it worth it?

^^^AGREE^^^

The place looks like the dry landscape of Mars but A LOT more crowded. Definitely not worth it.

Edited: 2:42 am, August 05, 2013
Manila, Philippines
15. Re: Mt Fuji Day Tour - Is it worth it?

Can i go to day tour of mt fuji but will not ride a cable car so afraid of it and can I have a better view of it on nov 25?

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 2
16. Re: Mt Fuji Day Tour - Is it worth it?

any advice for me on this subject ? i'm traveling next month to Tokyo but wish to see the mount . any advice ?

Reply to: Mt Fuji Day Tour - Is it worth it?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted