We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best shopping district(s)?

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CA
Best shopping district(s)?

My girlfriend and I will be in Tokyo for 4 nights in March. She will be there for work, which in her case entails lots of shoppping (no, not joking). We need to stay in an area that is in the midst of the best shopping (clothes) in the City. It seems that Ginza is the place for higher end Beverly Hills type shopping, but I'm wondering what the best area for boutique shopping is. Thanks in advance.

josh

Aoyama Dori and San...
reviews: 25
1. Re: Best shopping district(s)?

Harajuku and Omotesando.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 27
2. Re: Best shopping district(s)?

Ginza shopping is for older people, in general. In fact I'll have to say Omotesando is more like Beverly Hills, where most of the luxury designer shops are located.

Aoyama Dori and San...
3. Re: Best shopping district(s)?

For more trendy, hip, youthful stuff, try Daikanyama and Nakameguro, too. See:

…japantoday.com/tokyo/421/feature.asp

New York
4. Re: Best shopping district(s)?

Hi josh,

If you guys are interested in higher end shops/boutiques, don’t miss Roppongi Hills. Many shops/boutiques at Roppongi Hills are really nice and expensive. Please take a look at

http://www.roppongihills.com/en/

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
5. Re: Best shopping district(s)?

Look at www.superfuture.com for Tokyo which maps out in English the major shopping areas plus shop names.

Otemasando and Daikanyama best for boutiques (there are hundreds down every little lane)

Anaheim, California
reviews: 2
6. Re: Best shopping district(s)?

Very cool - I gotta check out daikanyama next time I'm town. Thanks, dytokyo, for the superfuture site.

Happy Shopping!

sr82 silicon valley usa

Aoyama Dori and San...
7. Re: Best shopping district(s)?

sr82:

I assume you are female? I've been to Daikanyama (I'm male) to meet friends for dinner but I didn't find much there of interest, but then I'm not a fashionable guy nor am I any sort of brand child, either. One of our offices was in Omotesando and I didn't find that place very intersting, either. I could see how it would be interesting to my wife, though.

Maybe I'm just totally tone deaf and missed something when I'm there. The dining is very good at both places, that's for sure.

>>>Very cool - I gotta check out daikanyama next time I'm town. Thanks, dytokyo, for the superfuture site.<<<

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 27
8. Re: Best shopping district(s)?

Ladies' mall: Venus Fort at Odaiba.