We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruising from Australia to Toklto

Which Yokohama hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Cruising from Australia to Toklto

Hi there, we are doing the abovementioned cruise which ends in Tokyo - Yokohama end of April 2013. We arrive at 5.00am and plan to spend 3 nights in the city. I guess the cruise terminal is in Yokohama, where is the best spot to stay as we depart Narita/Haneda airport to head back to Australia. Do hotels offer transfers from the cruise terminal, or is there an easier way that is bus, train or cab to get to our accommodation.

I will be asking lots of questions in the coming months regarding weather, clothes and also money. \

Thank you for any replies I get, Janet, Brisbane

Brisbane
1. Re: Cruising from Australia to Toklto

Sorry that subject should have read Cruising from Australia to Tokyo. My apologies,

Janet, Brisbane, Australia

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 90
2. Re: Cruising from Australia to Toklto

I think you can stay anywhere in the central areas of the city not far away from a train station, but it should be easier to stay near a station with Narita Airport access. That is, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Shinagawa, Tokyo, or Ikebukuro Station (for JR Narita Express) and Ueno or Nippori Station (for Keisei Skyliner). JR Narita Express stops at Yokohama, but it is not the place usually recommended for seeing the Tokyo Metropolitan area. To understand this, I would recommend browsing Googlemap on port area of Yokohama and central areas of Tokyo, like Shinjuku.

I don't think any hotels provide transfer from a cruise terminal. You really should be informed of the exact berth of the port, but once you know what transport to take from the pier beforehand I don't think getting to your hotel in central Tokyo could be a big issue.

Edited: 1:40 am, August 29, 2012
Zhengzhou, China
reviews: 21
3. Re: Cruising from Australia to Toklto

Do you know that Narita and Haneda are two different airports? Or you just not know which you will fly out of because you haven't bought tickets yet?

If your cruise ends in Yokohama, the ship will probably berth at Osanbashi Pier. It's a really nice area and worth sending a few hours walking around before heading to Tokyo. If you like ships, go onboard the Hikawa Maru - a transpacific liner launched in 1929.

If I remember correctly, it takes about 30 min. to get to downtown Tokyo from Yokohama on a train. It's easy to do... but if you have a lot of luggage, you may want to purchase a transfer from your cruise line.

4. Re: Cruising from Australia to Toklto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 02, 2013