We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I live in Chiba

Which Chiba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
I live in Chiba

I have been living in Chiba City for over four years and have travelled all over Japan. If you have any questions about traveling in Japan, please feel free to ask me. Whether your on a budget or not. I love Japan and I hope you will too.

Australia
1. Re: I live in Chiba

Hi

I am going to Japan next month for 9 nights. I still have not worked out an itinerary, can anyone suggest.

I arrive in nagoya 1 night, kyoto 3 nights Tokyo 3 nights. Osaka 2 nights Sendai 1 night I need to be in Osaka on the morning of the 14th for an exam. Can anyone put this itinerary into order of travel days for me. ( i think there is still one night not accounted for) Also what train package would I need to purchase. thanks so much for your help

ps would like to see Hiroshima (maybe day trip from osaka or Kyoto, also Mt fuji

thanks

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 23
2. Re: I live in Chiba

Hi there,

I will be travelling to chiba and was wondering if you could let me know where are some good places to go shopping (with reasonable prices).

Thanks so much.

AB

Ireland
reviews: 7
3. Re: I live in Chiba

I can never understand why people post these messages. They are usually new to the forum and full of their knowledge and quite often never reply to questions in the threads.

Just answer questions on specific subjects as they arrive in the forums. People should not bother with them as usually their specific queries only get lost.

melbourne
4. Re: I live in Chiba

I am staying at the raddison at narita and have an important meeting at 10:00am in Chiba city.

What would be the best travel mode and estimated time I should leave my hotel.

Saudi Arabia
5. Re: I live in Chiba

Hello Nettedenn

I am leaving Saudi Arabia here to spend sixmoths at Toyo in Chiba. As expenses are down to me I obviously want to minimise them on accommodation.I have been informed that it will cost me 400,000 amonth in tokio for a nice single apartment by the river organised by the Toyo people and avoiding the bribe money. Have you any alternative suggestions regarding long term hotel stay or other???

regards

Terry

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
reviews: 76
6. Re: I live in Chiba

@Traveltheglobe-

Look at some more threads on this forum to get travel ideas. I wrote a mini-blog(scroll down a bit & you'll find it!) on Kyoto about things to do there.

@Stavangerfisherman-

400,000 will be a nice apartment, indeed! You can find a nice place for half that, maybe not so large, but you will have to look around and you MUST have someone be your guarantor. Japanese realtors are reluctant to rent to foreigners(I know this as I have been refused before in the past- it is a fact of life in Japan!)but if you have a guarantor- namely, your company- things, should run smoothly. Most realtors require "key money"- it is not a "bribe", but a custom in this country, PLUS a deposit, like we have in most western countries. The key money can be up to 3 months' rent, but usually the company will pay this.

UK
reviews: 2
7. Re: I live in Chiba

Hi I am travelling to Japan, to train in NODA, have been looking at the Kashiwa Plaza Hotel, in Kashiwa have you heard of it?

Need to sort out accomodation with them but can book for May 07 on their website yet do you think it is safe to wait or should I attempt calling them an hoping they have english speaking staff??

Any advice would be appreciated as there are 4 of us wanting to stay there with 2 sets of travel dates.....!!

thanks Rachel

Qawra
reviews: 3
8. Re: I live in Chiba

Hi! We are considering visiting the Motor Show this show, this is held in Chiba City. Can you suggest any hotels that are both close the the show and at the same time close to shopping, restaruants etc. This is our first time in Japan, so any info will help ! Thanks

HAMPSHIRE
reviews: 1
9. Re: I live in Chiba

hi i am glad to here you love Japan I will be living in chiba with my Husband for three years starting Jan2008 it a bit scary at the moment.

Tacoma, WA, USA
reviews: 8
10. Re: I live in Chiba

I would like to give a Japanese friend and his new bride a night in a nice ryokan or hotel (not a business hotel) or a wonderful dinner, in Chiba.

What places would you recommend?

Thank you.