We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry at Aqaba and exit at Amman

Which Aqaba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 16
Entry at Aqaba and exit at Amman

My husband and I are US citizens who plan to spend several days in Israel then cross the Jordan border at Aqaba. We will meet a Jordanian guide in Aqaba and spend 3 days in that country. We plan to fly from Amman to Paris before returning to the USA. I have read the US State Department web site many times and never saw anything that concerned me. However, I just read something on the Jordan Tourism Board website that has me worried.

"Arrivals at Aqaba, either through the port, the airport or at the crossing from Israel or Saudi Arabia, are granted a free visa to Jordan. There is no obligation associated with this visa, provided that they leave the country from the same border and within 1 month of arrival, and that they do not need to renew their visa."

We don't plan to leave at the same border. What should we do to be sure that we can exit at Amman? Thank you!

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
reviews: 2
1. Re: Entry at Aqaba and exit at Amman

No, nothing to worry about. You can get the free visa without problem The difficulty would arise if you wanted to come back into Jordan on this visa through the King Hussein Bridge from Jerusalem, but since you are simply flying out from Amman, nobody will bother you.

The very worst thing that could happen would be that you would be asked to pay the original visa, but I don't think there is any chance of this whatsoever.

If you are really worried, you do have the option of refusing the free visa and insisting on paying for a normal one, but there is absolutely no point in this.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 16
2. Re: Entry at Aqaba and exit at Amman

Thank you! I very much appreciate your quick response.

3. Re: Entry at Aqaba and exit at Amman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 17, 2014